Friday, July 13, 2007

Rain...

I'm seriously thinking about doing a rain dance to get some rain started...anyone with me? Not really sure how to do that but it's worth a shot...he he :)!! Jeff did cut the alfalfa this evening though so there might be some hope of getting some rain (for some reason it usually rains when he cuts his hay/alfalfa). I probably shouldn't get everyones hopes up though. Doesn't look like there is any rain in sight...and boy do we need it! Jeff pointed out some spots in our lovely crunchy brown grass today where the soil is actually cracking. NOT GOOD!! The garden is doing pretty well (all except our cucumbers) but then again I've been watering it nightly. Our sweetcorn is doing pretty good but the hot weather next week might burn it up (lets hope not though). Jeff is trying to figure out some ways to get some water down to the corn. Hopefully he figures something out!

Other then that not too much is going on here with us. Still going to the Arts Festival tomorrow morning. That'll be fun. It use to be a tradition for me and my mom to go every summer but when they moved we stopped going. Then when Jeff and I started dating and after we got married we started to go every year. We usually don't buy too much...usually just food. It's still a GREAT time though. Jeff has a pull in Hudson tomorrow. Sounds like it's going to be a toasty one. And there isn't too much shade at the Hudson pulling track either. Everyone will probably be battling for what little shade there is...ha ha!!

We hope everyone has a great weekend. Sorry for the short post but not much is going on. I wanted to talk about the lack of rain. Last year all my posts complained about too much rain (when it would rain EVERY WEEKEND when we had a pull). Of course now...I don't think anyone would care...we need it too bad!! God's Blessings to everyone!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need it so badly here in Michigan as well. It is trying real hard to rain this morning. I don't think we are going to see enough to help the farmers or our lawns.
My kids in Texas have had so much rain they are sick of it! Their air conditioning broke in their house an it's been 90+ for days in there. They finally got it fixed last night. At least our weather has been beautiful and we don't even need our air on :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Ok,I am with you on the rain dance...name the place and time and I am there with you! We really need the rain. Our crops aren't showing stress yet but I am sure there is some and if we don't get a rain soon, they really will be stressing.

Lori said...

I too wish we could get some rain.

Can't wait to hear about your Arts Festival Trip.

the boedecker family said...

Im all for the rain dance!! We need it so bad...I always feel for the farmers when it gets so dry!!

A mom said...

Now that would be a sight. Erin & friends, dancing a jig. LOL!! I hope your garden survives.

Did you find anything at the festival? I did not. I am bummed.

Jamie said...

I hear ya!! WE NEED RAIN!!!! NOW!!!!

I hope you had a good time at the arts festival!! Those are always fun to go to.