Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Prairie Village Weekend

Since I posted pictures now I suppose I should be nice and describe the whole weekend for everyone..he he! The weather couldn't have been more perfect! We are very thankful that it wasn't so stinkin' hot or rainy...it was a lovely 75 degree's or so on Saturday and a little warmer on Sunday. PERFECT!

On Friday Lee, Judy and Brian came up at around 6:00 p.m. We walked around our yard showing off our garden (what's left of it) and Jeff had to show off his cub collection to everyone :)! After the grand tour we decided we should probably eat some supper. Jeff grilled steaks and I made some baked potatoes and we had fresh frozen corn (from our garden). I had made my famous (wink wink) Chocolate Zucchini Brownies and made everyone have one (and by the way I'm still eating them to this day..it's a dirty job but someone has to do it)! We decided to not venture to Prairie Village until Saturday morning so we lit the wood in our fire bowl and had a campfire until around 11:30. It actually got kinda chilly that night. Boy did the fire sure feel good..and nothing smells better then a camp fire :)!

On Saturday we all got up pretty early. I made Baked French Toast with apples on top and sausage links for breakfast. We all stuffed our faces and headed out to Prairie Village at around 9:30 a.m. When we got there the parking lot was already pretty full! The traffic was backing up on the highway..it was NUTS! We got in and then had to wait at the main gate for 15 to 20 minutes just to get in! A little while later we heard that traffic was backed up for a mile on both sides of the highway with people trying to get into Prairie Village!! Apparently it's the place to be :)!! We walked around looking at tractors (see the slideshow below) and hit the flea markets. There were tons of "treasures" to be found at the flea markets! Jeff and I found some neat "cabin-like" decor for our house. That's pretty much all I was looking for. Jeff found a parts book for our cultivator that he got (he's been looking for this type of book for awhile and it'll come in very handy). We left at around 2:00 to go home, have lunch and then load up the tractors for that nights tractor pull.

We got back to Prairie Village at around 4:45 or so. The pull was suppose to start at 6:00 or 6:30 but of course they NEVER start on time so it was more like 7 or 7:15! It got going and they had pulled a few classes and then all of a sudden the skid blew off all it's belts so it wouldn't run!! It took them an hour to fix it! I give the crowd credit though because very few people left! They finally got it fixed and Jeff pulled the first time at around 8:30 p.m.! He usually is one of the first classes to pull...so this was very late for him to be pulling! Jeff did GOOD! In the first class he got 4th place (I'm pretty sure of this anyway :)!!) In the second class he got 6th place. He was pretty pleased with his tractor. The track was very tacky and sticky due to the inch of rain the night before! Brian pulled for the first time at around 10:30! And yes Miah you heard correct..it was still going well after 2 a.m.!!! We left at around 1:45 a.m. and were in bed by 2 but could still hear some of the louder trucks/tractors pulling.

On Sunday we all slept in in until around 9 a.m.! I cooked us up some brunch. We had Sausage Egg Bake and toast. After that, Jeff lit the campfire (we were going to have a camp fire on Saturday night after the pull but that didn't happen). We sat around the fire chatting and some of us even dosed off a little. Lee, Judy, and Brian left around 1:00 p.m. Jeff and I decided to head out to Prairie Village again to look at a few things we didn't look at on Saturday. The crowd was still pretty big on Sunday but not as bad. We walked around looking at all the Minneapolis Moline tractors. We watched the parade for a bit and then looked through all the building they have on site. We even rode in a motor car (the open car that follows the train) around Prairie Village 2 times! That was a good time :)!! We were there pretty much until 5 p.m. when they shut down. We got home and both took naps until around 7 p.m.! The rest of the night was pretty much very relaxing :)!

So that's our Prairie Village experience :)! If you haven't looked at our slideshow of our weekend that's posted below this post! We hope everyone had a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come later this week :)!

7 comments:

Jamey said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend! Siri and I tried to go to Prairie Village, but it was closed. I used to go as a kid and was really disappointed that we didn't get to see it. Maybe next time!

Tess said...

Wow, seems as if everyone was on the go this weekend! Congrats Jeff on a good tractor pull! I can't believe it went that late! Crazy!
You talking about naps, makes me realize I could use one!! LOL

Just Mom said...

Can you believe it... I actually didn't remember about PV until Sunday afternoon.

So glad you had a wonderful time.

the boedecker family said...

Wow sounds like a great weekend!! You musr be quite the cook!! Congrats to Jeff for doin well on the pull!!

A mom said...

Good job Jeff! Relaxing campfires, delicious food, beautiful weather....could your weekend have been much better? It is usually so hot during village days. Glad you guys had a good time, and that you got in a nap on sunday. After being up so late the night before!

Lori said...

Sounds like you had an very busy but fun weekend.

Did you run into Al and Megan out at Prairie Village on Sunday?

I love your comment about making and eating your bars....It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.
Hehe. It's hard to resist isn't it.
I have a couple kinds of bars here and I have to sneak one everyday. hehe

Jamie said...

Congrats on the tractor pull!!How long does the tractor pull season go?

I have been to Prairie Village so many times and I still enjoy going.