Thursday, August 09, 2007

Something New...

Since I'm always managing to make someone hungry when they read our posts (he he), I thought I would create another blog where I share some of the recipes that I talk about in this blog. I just wanted everyone to know. If you want to check it out click here!

Otherwise not too much else is going on at our house. I made 5 pints of spaghetti sauce last night while Jeff was in Inwood fixing his trailer. He got the trailer fixed and managed to get him, the trailer and tractor home safely last night at around 12:30 a.m. He has convinced me that the trailer will be fine tomorrow when we go to Jasper for the pull there. I trust him :)! Not sure if there is going to be a pull in Inwood now on Saturday or not. Apparently since there wasn't a pull scheduled for that weekend everyone planned vacations...even the skid driver! So if they can't find someone to run the skid there won't be a pull. I guess we'll probably find out for sure tomorrow night if Inwood will have their re-scheduled pull or not.

My parents are coming for a visit next week on Thursday and then leaving on Saturday. We are really excited to see them and spend some time with them. I was hoping some of our corn on the cob would wait until they got here but I'm not sure it'll last that long (especially now that it's getting HOT again). I froze a ton of it so we'll have to settle for that. Tonight I think Jeff is going to mow the lawn. It actually is green again (which is shocking considering how dead it was a few weeks ago). Those little shots of rain did wonders...not only for the grass but also for the crops! We even had a little shot of rain again last night. I heard it start at around 10:45 p.m. It only rained hard for about 5 minutes but it was something I guess :)!

Well that's it in a nutshell. Just wanted to share that I have decided to start a "Recipe" blog of sorts. I also plan to share other things like kitchen tips and tricks and things like that. Not sure how often I'll post to it. I know some people are always curious about the recipes I make so I thought I would share :)!! Have a great day everyone! God's Blessings to you all!!

7 comments:

A mom said...

I should own a cooking for dummies book. This will be great! I am looking forward to also hearing some of your tips.

Jamey said...

I am glad you started that new blog. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I will add it to my favorites! I am always looking for new recipes.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I have only had a few ripe tomatoes...not even enough to make anything with...just slicing and eating..yummy.

Just Mom said...

Cool! I love recipe blogs!

Jamie said...

I checked out the new blog...great idea!!

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love your new look. I'm surprised you didn't have a big old tractor at the top! I'll send you some blueberry bread if you send me some of your yummy bread :)

Lori said...

I will be checking out your recipe blog.

Sounds like you are very busy canning. I just canned 10 pints of salsa.
I may call you for some of your canning recipes. I got tomatoes coming out my ears.

Have a great weekend!