Well our tractor pull weekend had it's ups and downs! We got to Inwood on Friday at around 4:30 and Jeff got the tractor ready to drive over to the track. We got to the track and it was a mess! Apparently earlier in the week they had disked up the track and put 9,000 gallons of water on it to help soften it. Well then on Wednesday night Inwood got an inch and a half of rain! So the track was really really mushy! It didn't help that the sun wasn't out on Friday either (if it would have been the track would have dried out some). So they try to get the pull going and the first tractor out there just spun and didn't go anywhere. So they thought maybe if they pulled the heavier tractors the track conditions would improve. They started the pull with the larger tractors and then they realized even the skid had problems on the track. They had to pull the skid out of its own tracks every time a tractor went. It was quite crazy! Then to top it all off...it started to rain. Not that anyone was complaining because they needed rain there just as bad as we do up here. They ended up cancelling the rest of the pull and re-scheduled it for this coming Saturday at 1:00. Oh and Jeff didn't get to pull that night at all...he'll get his chance on Saturday now :)!!
On Saturday we had a pull in Hull, Iowa at 3:00. So we loaded up the tractor and headed out at around 2:00. We are about 2 miles from the track and Jeff says to me "I think we just lost a tire on the trailer. I saw the (center) cap fly off!" I just thought he meant that we had a tire going down and sure enough the one on my side was looking a little flatter then normal. Being that we were only 2 miles from the track we just kept driving. We turned a corner and I stuck my head out the window to assess the situation. Sure enough...we had lost the tire! The WHOLE TIRE..rim and all were completely gone!!!! This was not a good thing!! We had a spare but the bolts wouldn't screw in there because it was completely striped out. NOT GOOD!! We both were thinking what else was going to go wrong after all this happened but thankfully nothing else happened. In fact Jeff got a 2nd place in his first class..YIPPPPEEEE!!! And he got a 7th place in the second class. He was so pleased. They had put new tires on the tractor and they seemed to do the trick :)!! After both him and Brian were done pulling they loaded Jeff's tractor on Brian's trailer and pulled it back to Inwood, unloaded Jeff's tractor, drove back to Hull, loaded up Brian's tractor and we all left. Jeff and I limped our "lame" three wheeled trailer back to Lee's shop. Let me just say that a four wheeled trailer really doesn't like to be driven on only three wheels!
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful (which was fine by us). Yesterday I canned 4 quarts of apple pie filling with the apples we got from Don (one of Jeff's co-workers). Today is laundry day at our house so that's what I'll be doing after work...fun fun fun!! I don't mind doing the laundry..it's the folding and putting away that always gets me! I might try to can some more potatoes tonight too. We'll see! Jeff got another Cub Cadet mower last night. He now has 7 that run...quite the collection :)! He's going to Inwood on Wednesday night to fix the tire on the trailer because we have a pull in Jasper on Friday night. So this week looks to be another busy one.
We hope everyone has a great week! God's Blessings to everyone!! More to come!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about your bad luck loosing the tire on the trailer. Atleast it wasn't worse.
Sounds like your husband did well with the tractor pulls again.
Have a great week!
Quite the trip...glad you made it there safely and everything turned out ok.
I should be doing laundry here today but haven't....I am with you, don't mind doing it but hate the folding and putting away part!
Congrats to Jeff on his 2nd place!
You had some tough luck over the weekend. At least Jeff still got 2nd place. That is great!!
Have a great Tuesday!!
Way to go Jeff! He did pretty darn good considering the luck he had before hand.
Another busy week for you, but I hope its a good one!!
I am surprised you were still able to drive on just 3 wheels!!
Great job Jeff!
Post a Comment