YIPPPEEE it's Friday and a LONG weekend too :)!! As you can tell by my lack of postings not too much is going on at our house!
I managed to can 4 pints of tomato sauce and 6 more quarts of stewed tomatoes in the last 2 days. I had to do something with the 100 tomatoes I had sitting on my window sill! There are still a lot of tomatoes in the garden that need to turn yet so I'm sure I'll be canning more next week. I'm starting to run out of room down stairs though (well running out of tables and things to put all the jars on)! I guess that's a good problem to have, isn't it...he he! At least we know that if we get snowed in this winter we'll have some canned goods to get us by!
Jeff went to Inwood last night to work on his trailer. After the tire flew off (before the Hull, Iowa pull) he decided to put studs in all the wheels instead of bolts (not sure if I got the terminology right on all that...hopefully it makes since :)!!!) Plus he had to take a car down there last night. A guy from Inwood brought his car up for Jeff to work on at work so he had to take it back down there last night since it's all finished. He got back home this morning at around 12:30 a.m. I don't know how he does it...stay up so late and then get up for work in the morning..but he manages it! He's a night owl that's for sure!
Our baby duck is still around. I think it's doubled in size since it was born 2 weeks ago! I'll have to try to get some pictures one of these days so you call can see it. The ducks really are pretty skittish and don't really like people (but for some reason they don't mind a 100 lb. lab running by them). Every time Jeff and I go outside the ducks take off running. Strange creatures :)! It's funny that Jake doesn't mind the ducks at all...he just tolerates them and leaves them alone (which we are very thankful for).
The weather the past few days has been wonderful!! I LOVE this kind of weather and am really looking forward to FALL (which is my favorite time of year). I can't wait until the leaves start to change and the air has that special fall chill (LOVE IT)! Sounds like it's suppose to be in the 80's this weekend but we'll take it (hopefully the humidity stays away)!
We hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend! God's blessings to everyone! More to come next week (and maybe some more pictures) :)!!
7 comments:
How wonderful to be getting lots of canning done. Your garden has done well. So has ours this years.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.
Maybe we can get a stamping date organized in a week or two. Let me know.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!!
We are in for some beautiful weather this weekend!! YAY!
Can you send some jars of tomatoes my way!?!?
Hope you have a great weekend too and please do post pictures next week...we have all been waiting to see the little duck!
Have agood weekend! That canning must keep you busy!!
I love the changing of the season's and the feelings they bring. I am not crazy about the cold, but I love the fall colors and crisp fall scented air. Its refreshing. Pumpkin carving will be here before we know it. :o)
Wow, sounds like you have been plenty busy! I am amazed Jake leaves the ducks alone, those labs just like to play!!!
I love fall too! I just don't like that it means winter is right around the corner!
Post a Comment