Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Me...

After reading Ginger's "Getting To Know Me" post I thought maybe I would post some interesting, random facts about myself so you can call get to know me better :)! So here you go...Enjoy!

Music ~ I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. I'm one of those "Mood" listeners. If I'm in a good mood I'm usually listening to dance/techno music (Jeff's DISLIKES this music by the way..he he). If I'm in a bad mood it's usually not so nice music (Limp Biscuit (sp?) comes to mind...but I'm not in a bad mood all that often). I also enjoy listening to Christian music and have started pulling out all my old Christian CD's to listen to (DC Talk, Newsboys, Jars of Clay, Jeff Moore and the Distance). I have also discovered a wonderful Christian artist by the name of Plumb who really sings some wonderful music. And for some reason in the summer time I listen to country music...must be the country girl coming out in me and all the tractor pullling :)!

Stick Shift or Automatic~ Automatic!! I learned to drive a stick shift when I was a junior in high school and boy was that an experience. Just ask my Dad ;)!! I caught on quickly and actually got the hang of it but after a horrific (but funny now) experience with one my high school friends and her stick shift car (and a hill and bus) I NEVER drove that car on roads where there were other drivers! My brother had to drive us to and from school when we had to take the good ol' Ford Escort stick shift!

Shoes~ I LOVE SHOES!! For a while they were my obsession! I'm one of those girls that likes to head right to the shoe department of every store I go into. I'm always looking for that wonderful shoe bargain on a pair of shoes that I'm pretty sure I can't live without! Growing up I usually had 5 to 6 pairs of shoes in the entry way of our house! Hey you never know what shoe you are going to need to wear at any given hour of the day! At our house now I think I have about 5 pairs by the entry way (I had more there but actually put some away last night because I was sick of me and Jeff tripping over them..he he)!

Snowmobiling~ I'm not one to really enjoy winter (since I'm ALWAYS cold)but after our snowmobiling trip out to Spearfish, SD last February I have realized I enjoy snowmobiling! I pretty much stick to the trials (which is pretty fun) but did expand my horizons and did "boon-dock" once where I proceeded to get stuck and fall off my snowmobile in a big ol' pile of fluffy, soft, white snow! Jeff and I are planning on getting 2 newer snowmobiles before the February 2008 trip!!

Glasses~ I have had glasses since I was in the 2nd grade. I remember walking into my classroom after getting my glasses and a boy in my class calling me "Four Eyes"! Not nice I know but I got over it. I never had considered wearing contacts...well that is until lately. After having glasses for 20 years now I have decided that I am going to try contacts. In fact I went to the eye doctor last week and actually ordered some. I'll hopefully have them in the next week or so. Then I get to learn how to put them in and all that fun stuff. But don't think I'll be giving up my glasses..no sir...I'll still wear them most of the time :)!

Scent~ When it comes to scents I'm not too picky! Well it has to smell good in order for me to like it! I have a pine scented candle in my candle warmer right now at home that smells so GOOD!! At work I have a Strawberries and Cream candle on my candle warmer (makes the place smell more girly..he he)! With perfumes at the moment I'm wearing Truth by Calvin Klein. I have been wearing this for a few years now and think it's about time to find something new (as I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle). Any suggestions would be welcome :)!! I love when Jeff wears Hugo! I have always loved that cologne and he always smells so good when he's wearing it!!

Clorex Wipes~ It's a crisis at our house when I run out of my Clorex Wipes!! I use them on EVERYTHING!! I use them in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room...everywhere!! They are the greatest and I usually have them stock-piled in one of our kitchen cupboards so I don't run out (come to think of it..I'm down to the last container of them now..better get to the dollar store to pick more up)! :)

Grocery Shopping~ Call me crazy but I LOVE to grocery shop! I make lists and am always excited when I get go buy food! Of course I've learned it's not wise to grocery shop when you are hungry...enough said :)!

Jeff~ We met when we both were working at Prostrollo's (where I no longer work). We got engaged on July 1, 2005. We dated for 2 years and 2 months before we got married on November 4, 2005. When Jeff and I started dating on September 7, 2003 I knew him and I would be together forever. Actually I knew before him and I dated that we were meant to be together (sounds crazy I know but after starring at him day in and day out I realized that if we could just get to know each other we would be together forever)! I found my best friend and soul mate the day Jeff and I started dating. He is truly the best thing that has EVER happened to me. I LOVE YOU HONEY!!

Jobs~ I've had my fair share of jobs! My first job as as a cook/tray person at a hospital. I worked there for 3 plus years. I enjoyed it and it taught me so much about cooking and baking! I won't talk about all the jobs I have had in my life (that would take up way too much space..he he)! My current job is a Legal Secretary at a law office in town. I work part-time 8 to 1 every day. I really enjoy it and am very thankful that I found such a wonderful job that I enjoy!

Family~ Parents: Randy (pastor) and Julie (hospice nurse), Brother: Adam, his wife Morgan and their little boy, Cade. In-laws: Lee (owns Lee's Repair) and Judy (works in the office for Lee's Repair), Brian, Tami and her husband, Alan and their little boy, Corey. Can't leave out Jake, our goofy 6 year old yellow lab and our 10 ducks who shall remain nameless..he he :)!!

Ok so that's probably enough facts about me. Now you probably know way more then you care to know..:)!!

As for what's going on at our house..not much of nothing! We took the garden out on Monday night. The only things left in there now our the 20 green pepper plants (they got a late start apparently). Jeff mowed last night and almost got it all done before it got dark. He'll finish that up today at lunch time. We are going to the Clay County Fair in Spencer, IA on Friday. We have to be in Inwood by 8 a.m. to meet up with Lee, Judy, and Brian. Should be a great time. I'm looking forward to it as I've never been there. It's only suppose to be 60 degrees on Friday so I'll be sportin' my sweatshirt and probably a coat that day!!

Have a great day everyone! God's Blessings to you all!!

10 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

DC Talk....my son listens to that and loves it. You have quite a variety of music that you listen to!

My hubby and kids have been snowmobiling in the Hills but I am always a party-pooper and have never gone. I know I should give it a try on of these years.

Thanks for sharing...was very interesting!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I loved this! Thanks for posting this. I really did learn a bunch about you that I didn't know before. Will you be my neighbor? You can get groceries for me and I will come pick up your shoes every day for you :)

About those contacts...if I could I would come right on over and teach you all about them myself. I taught all three of my own girls. There's nothing to it and if you see well you will NOT go back to the glasses, I promise!

I think I want you to be my 4th daughter :)

Tess said...

Thanks for the info! It is great to get to know you a little bit better. I am glad to hear I am not the only person who loves shoes!

I have had contacts since high school, I bet you will love them once you get used to them.

Tell me you didn't say you love grocery shopping!! OH MY, how much do you charge to get groceries? I will pay ya!! Haa Haa

Jamey said...

Very interesting to learn some new things about you. I CAN'T believe you like to grocery shop. I really think you could make a business out of that!! Great post!

Jennifer said...

a girl after my own heart....

I, too, have about 5 pairs of shoes in our entry way. Honestly, I hate wearing shoes, so as soon as I come in, they go off. And, they stay there until I wear them again (or until my husband says he's tripping over them and they are going in the trash if I don't put them away ~ oops :o) haha!)

Best of luck with the contacts! Let me know how you do with them. I'm a sissy, and couldn't put them in and take them out every well. I pick up my new glasses tomorrow. It's almost like getting a new hair style or something.

Hope you have a great weekend at the fair! Sounds like loads of fun.

Oh, and PS: I'm a secret lover of grocery shopping too :o) I take after my Mom!

A mom said...

Great post. I always enjoy learning more about my blogger friends. It must be your love of tractors, but I always pictured you being a country music loving gal. Limp Bizkit, that one surprised me a bit. I love all different kinds of music, but I am a rocker/metal girl at heart. Must be the tom boy in me.

Good luck with the contacts. I had them for a while, but it was to much work for me. I am all about slacking....lol.

I think Jamey had a great idea. I would pay you to do my grocery shopping.

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing some more about you!! Very interesting :)

Tracy said...

I HATE to grocery shop. Maybe it's because it's not easy with 2 children in tow. I bet you just might change your mind when you have kids. MAYBE NOT.

I have tried contacts TWICE. I can't get the dumb things in and out of my eyes without stabbing my eyeball. Let me know how it works for you!!!

the boedecker family said...

Great post Erin! I love to read these you really do learn alot about people!

Lori said...

Loved learning more about you Erin.
This was a fun one. I will have to post mine too.

I like country music too.
I also have lots and lots of shoes.
I'm sure I have atleast 5 by the entry way too. A girls gotta have her shoes.