"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."
Everyday I get about 10 email Devotionals. On Tuesday as I was reading through them I discovered a theme in all these Devotionals. They talked about timing and allowing God to work in his own time. How crazy is that?! I just talked about that last week Wednesday in my post about how I was finally realizing that God will work in his own time and that he does have a plan for us. I needed to read those Tuesday because even though I said I was working on this, I do stumble and I do wonder why things aren't happening now like I want them to. I needed that reminder apparently. I got the message from God loud and clear :)! I'm grateful for messages like these...they really help me stay grounded and focused on God's plan.
One of the Devotionals talked about how this lady had everything in her life planned out. She knew she was going to marry her husband after dating him for 3 months and was frustrated that he didn't propose for a year and half. She had a whole "schedule" of their lives planned out after they got married listing dates they would complete college, dates they would start new jobs and even the dates she wanted to start their family. She may have had that list but God had other plans. She said her list pretty much went by the way side as her husband took longer in school then expected, which lead to him graduating later. This then pushed everything else in their lives back and her list no longer was relevant. She was upset that their starting a family had to be pushed back due to her husband not having a job after he finished college. Then one day after months of unemployment, he had 4 interviews lined up and after taking the job of his dreams, she found out she was expecting. At the end of this story she talked about how God did have a plan and she should have trusted in his plan all along. God does know what he's doing in our lives!!
I hate to admit it but I too had a list (well in my head anyway). I no longer have any reason what so ever to hold on to it though. I'm leaving it all up to God. Daily I have to keep reminding myself that God does have a plan. Everything happens for a reason and I can't rush things along like I try to do. I need to focus on God and his plan...I can't draw up my own list and make these things happen. I realize God does everything in his own time and that I need to focus on how things are now and not how I want them to be.
Isn't there a saying that says"Timing is Everything" ? Well I'm starting to believe it. God's Timing is Everything! Not my timing or your timing but God's timing. I know I've talked about this a lot in the last few weeks but I feel it's so very important. I'm so very happy with how my life is now and know that in God's time good things will happen in our lives.
After my eye opening revelation last week I realize that God wants me to spend more time with him. It's not a new concept to me...I've known this and have for a long time. But with the routine of daily life I find it hard to sit down and devote my time to him. I need to focus more of my time and energy on God. I guess I stuggle with knowing how to do this. I want to learn, desire to learn all I can but how? Jeff and I do a few things daily that allow us to get closer to God but most times I really feel I should be doing more to learn about God. I long to know God on a deeper level and am really striving to do that. How do some of you spend time with God? Any suggestions would be welcome :)!!
There I go getting all deep on my blog again...he he! I can feel change happening in my life and I LOVE it. I can feel myself trusting in God more and more each day. I am not worrying so much about things I cannot control anymore. I'm living each day according to God's plan...not my plan and I'm enjoying it. It's a new found freedom...and it's amazing!
I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week. I won't be around my computer for the next few days so I'll catch up with everyone on Tuesday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to you all!!
6 comments:
Great post Erin.
I was wondering if that is what you were talking about on last weeks post(starting a family). How exciting. But you are so right all in God's timing. Glad you are being so patient. (I'm sure it is easier said than done).
In answer to your question about ways that I spend time with God:
Christian music, reading bible stories and praying with our kids, reading the bible and praying (quite often lately),
I'm in a bible study with a wonderful group of gals right now.
I'm really enjoying that.
Yes, everything is on Gods watch isn't it. It is hard when things just don't happen when they should. I stuggle with that too, I am a doer not a waiter and it is hard to not see results. I guess that is why patients is a virtue. LOL.
We are in the beginning stages of finding a home (church). We have a small issue to contend with. He was raised Baptist and I was raised Catholic. So, we need to find a place where we are both comfortable. I struggle with different issues than him with a church and we just have to find the perfect fit for us as a family.
I think we sometimes forget that God has his plan for all of us. I know that I do.
Great post!!
Another great post. I was actually signed up for a class to become a member of a church here in town. It happened to coincide with our spur of the moment move and I couldn't make it to the class. I still have plans to join the church, but now I will be working Sundays, so I am going to have to figure out how to make it work.
I was raised in the church, but have not been involved with it for about 15 years. I had become frustrated with many of the people that seem to be using it as a status symbol. If you know what I mean. I never stopped believing in god, I had just distanced myself.
After I became pregnant, I knew that god was letting me know that he has always been there. He had been listening to all of my prayers, asking for direction. He was just waiting until the time was right for me. And he could not have been more right. Its a great feeling knowing god is on my side.
Throw that list out the window Erin. God knows what he is doing and he does not make mistakes. He has something wonderful in store for you! God bless and I hope you have a great weekend!
God's timing is EVERYTHING!
and how great it is!
One of my most wonderful mentors told me once, "I promise that God will never be late with anything. He will always be right on time."
I try to remember her wisdom when I get impatient, and don't understand why things are happening like they should, or I should say, like I think they should.
I love when we can feel God changing us. Isn't it incredible?
I try to take several moments throughout the day just to have a small moment to reconnect with Him. Whether it be in my car, with a quick prayer, or just take a stroll outside to admire His beauty.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Also know that you and your husband are on my prayer list each day as you yearn to start a family. I, too, know this desire oh too well. :o)
Such a great post Erin! I am trying to work on this too....Patience is not one of my virtures but I am really trying to let things happen as God has planned!
Post a Comment