Wednesday, October 03, 2007

True Happiness


Have you ever gotten to the point in your life where you can actually say you are happy with everything? I can finally say I am happy/content with all that I have in my life at this very moment.


I started to think about this on Sunday when Jeff had mentioned something about being happy with all we have. I was complaining about something that we don't have yet and he said "How about instead of dwelling on what we don't have yet, you think about all we do have and be happy with that?" What a great concept! I started to really think about it yesterday again and thought "I am happy with the way my life is right now." Sure there are some things that I want that would highly enrich our lives but you know what I need to be patient and allow God to do it in his time. I can't make God do what I want him to do.


I can honestly say that I am happy/content with what we have. First and foremost we have each other. We have our families, a roof over our heads. We have God with us everyday...what more could you ask for. I think so much is lost when we complain about everything we don't have and we get mad that God hasn't allowed us to have the things we want. We need to be patient. We need to allow God to work in our lives and do things in his own time.


Allowing God to do things in his own time has been hard for me..since I'm not a patient person what-so-ever. But I can finally say I am willing to turn it all over to God and let God do things in his own time. He has a plan for us. There has just been this huge weight lifted since my realization yesterday that I am truly happy/content with how things are at this very moment. I'm sure there are days where I will struggle and ask God why I have to be patient and wait for his timing. But I also know that in the long run...this is teaching me great lessons. I'm allowing God to work in my life like he never has before. I'm allowing God to show me the way...show me that I'm not the one in control..showing me that he (God) is in control of my life.


Some of you may think I have finally gone of the deep end...he he..rest assured I haven't. This has just been a very eye-opening last few days and all because of something my sweet, loving husband said to me on Sunday. Thanks honey for making me think, thanks for making me realize all the good we have in our lives at this very moment and thanks for making me understand that God has a plan for us ...in his time...not ours!


Now that was probably the deepest I have ever gotten on a post before but it's something I really felt strongly to share with everyone that reads this blog. It's something that I felt I needed to share because I know a lot of people struggle with this. Patience is the key..be happy with how life is at the moment you are living it. Don't go about each day thinking of everything you don't have...think of everything you do have and be HAPPY with it :)!


God's Blessings to everyone this wonderful, windy (here anyway) Wednesday! More to come (maybe some pictures after I charge up my camera..he he)!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Great post Erin. You made some great points.
So true. God is on control. Everything in his timing.

I too struggle with patience.
That was great for me to read this.

Have a good Wednesday.

Jamie said...

I agree with your hubby. We so need to be thankful for what we have! I know we all wish for things at that is normal. Thanks for posting this!!! :)

Just Mom said...

I am so happy for you. It's a rare gift for one to be able to see how much he/she truly has.

Great post.

Anonymous said...

Very wise words from a very young woman and her wise husband. You have saved yourself a lot of pain and disappointment just by focusing on the blessings in your life. We live in a "now" world where we just want what we want right now. God's way is to trust and obey. His way is always the best way anyway.

Enough of my preaching. Thanks for a great reminder. Every so often I need to make a list of the things I'm thankful for. It always puts things in perspective.

A mom said...

Great post! I used to be one of those people who wanted everything now, but this past year has been a real eye opener for me. I am one lucky gal and god did it all in his own time. He knew when it would be the right time for me.

I am so happy that you are happy with all that you have and are right now. Life can only get better then! And I am willing to bet that god has something great in store for you.

God bless, Erin.

Tess said...

I was so touched to read this post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for the lesson you have shared today.
I guess that is why they say patience is a virtue!
I believe we have been misled to believe we can have whatever we want when we want it. That is not Gods way and a reminder of that is great. Thanks again for sharing.

Jamey said...

Great post, it made me think a lot too. Whenever I really want something that I think I need I try to think about everything I do have and think about if I really NEED whatever it is. I try hard to be happy with what I already have. I also try really hard to not look at what other people have and compare. I am truly blessed to have found a husband that I love that is so good to me and 3 great, healthy kids. Who could ask for anything more!!

Michelle said...

God has a perfect plan for your lives and His timing is always perfect.

You have been blessed with wisdom beyond your years!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love this post Erin...you bring up some very good points. May have to ponder this myself in the next few days.

Anonymous said...

You are the kind of person that makes a good friend, REAL :)!

Jennifer said...

You go girl!

You be content with all that the Lord has given you :o)

Isn't it great how God's timing is always perfect? Especially when we get so impatient and don't understand why things happen or don't happen.

Have a fantastic weekend!