Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sorry for the Absence...

We were pretty much out of commission at our house yesterday! On Monday afternoon I started to get a really nasty headache...by 6:30 p.m. I had the stomach flu (I'll spare you all the details). Jeff felt a little "off" when he went to bed but at around 3 a.m. he was sick too! We spent all day yesterday laying around. We had the chills and we both were really achy! Our diet consisted of jello, crackers and chicken broth...oh and don't forget the Sprite! Thank goodness we are feeling more human today. We are both back at work after a wonderful nights rest!

Our weekend was a good one though. Jeff went to Inwood on Saturday for the whole day so I headed out to Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house. Mom was up visiting for the day so I hung out with all of them. It's so amazing to see all the neat things Cade is starting to do. He really likes crawling up the stairs now. Now that he's figured out the whole crawling thing he is a boy on the go! Cade had his little Halloween costume there and Morgan put that on him. It was TOO CUTE!! Not sure if he'll be wearing it or not tonight but if he is he's going to be a BEE! This little costume even had a little stinger on it. Cade wasn't so sure about it though. Mom snapped a few pictures and Morgan took it off of him. We had a pizza party for supper and then I left at around 6:30 (because I HATE driving in the dark). Jeff was home at around 9:30 that night.

On Sunday we went to Inwood and hung out. Lee and Judy had Corey because Alan was sick and Tami didn't feel all that great either. Corey is really starting to do a lot of fun things too. He's almost to the point where he can sit up by himself but not quite yet. He usually falls over after a bit. He really likes his toys! And he gets so excited and happy when you talk to him sometimes that his little feet are kicking and he just starts screeching...VERY CUTE! Jeff and I left Inwood at around 5 that night and then spent the rest of the evening hanging out at our place.

We are thinking about adding to our little farm. Our next new critters are going to be chickens. Jeff knows a guy at work who wants to get rid of all of his so I think Jeff is going to try to rig up a chicken coop and we'll go get those chickens. We thought it would be kinda neat being able to get eggs fresh whenever we need them. We'll see how all that goes :)!! Next thing you know we'll have a few cows too...he he :)!

After work today I need to go home and sanitize EVERYTHING! I seriously think I want to go buy a case of Lysol to spray around the house. I have a TON of laundry to do and I plan to wipe down everything with my trusty Clorex Wipes. We hope everyone else is staying healthy! Have a wonderful Halloween everyone! God's Blessings to you all!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry you had the flu bug at your house. That is never any fun.
Glad you are feeling better though.
Happy Halloween to you too.

Do you get many trick or treaters out there?

Jennifer said...

glad to hear you two are feeling on the mend... the flu can just wipe you out without warning!

your news of adding chickens to your farm gave me a giggle...

my brother has always been known to do anything for a dollar ~ when he was saving for my sister-in-law's engagement ring, he took the job as "egg gatherer" for a buddy of his that lived on a farm. One day he had just gathered those eggs in the chicken coupe (which happened to have a door only about 5 feet high ~ and Josh is 6'4"). He turned to exit the door, and that lone Rooster was stalking him, and would not let him leave. Everywhere Josh went, that Rooster would follow trying to peck him. Finally Josh saw his getaway, ran straight for the door with Rooster right at his heels... when BAMMM! He forgot how short the door frame was. It knocked him flat out. Thankfully, it scared the Rooster as well, but he had a huge goose egg on his head for about 3 weeks!

Anyway... hope you have a wonderful week! Best of luck with those chickens!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

So glad you are feeling better....I hate the flu!

Chickens....sounds interesting!

Tracy said...

I thought it said you were thinking of adding to your FAM...HA!! Then I read chickens...too funny!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

A mom said...

Oh my! I am glad to hear you are both feeling better. Didn't you get your flu shot? Kidding!

In highschool, my friend had some chickens. They were so much fun. Who knew?!

Tess said...

Chickens! Sounds exciting! I bet you will have some stories about the ole birds!

Hope you guys have mended!