Well tomorrow will be the day. I'm going to get to know my sewing machine and all the tricks it can do! I'm excited about learning something new but I'm wondering about my patience! If I don't get something right away I instantly get flustered. I should have had that on my list of goals to work on in 2008 too..he he! Right after I got my sewing machine I went out and bought all the essentials. I got a yard stick, nice new sharp sewing scissors, thread, pins, a marking pen, and some other stuff I can't remember off hand. I picked out a few "easy" looking patterns...a purse (without a zipper) and an apron. I decided at that time I was going to try to do the apron first. So I picked out some really pretty floral fabric. I have kind of forgotten what it looks like to be honest with you it's been so long since I bought it :)! Of course I had good intentions of learning how to use it last year when I got it but time just slipped by. Before I knew it it was summer time and we were gone all the time. I think winter is the best time to start up these kinds of projects. So wish me luck...I'm going to begin my journey into the sewing world tomorrow!
On Saturday I'm going shopping with my best friend Val. We usually try to do this a few times a year and it's always a blast to have a "Girl's Day". I'm not sure what I'll buy yet but I'm sure I'll find something! I hope to go to Gordman's and find some cute decorative stuff for our house. I'm always on the prowl for "cabin-like" decor. We also might hit a few consignment shops in Sioux Falls. I like consignment shopping...the stuff is usually really nice and it's cheap. Hey you can get more that way! Can't wait for Saturday!!
Jeff's been keeping busy at home. He has lots of projects going on out in the shop. Wouldn't you know it that none of them are for his own vehicles! Poor guy always gets to work on everyone elses stuff! Hopefully tonight he'll get to work on his own stuff.
I have started to get my seed catalogs in the mail..which makes me all excited to start gardening again. I need to start making lists of the things we plan to plant this year. Did you know you can grow you own sponges? Sounds crazy doesn't it...but I'm serious. You can grow sponges! Who knew!! I'll probably have a list a mile long of all the stuff I want to plant by the time it's all said and done. I can't wait!
Well I guess that's all from our house. Happy Wednesday everyone! God's Blessings to you all! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes with my sewing machine..he he!
6 comments:
Hey Erin, stop on by, I have an award for you!
I love to sew!! Good luck tomorrow and have fun getting to know your sewing machine. Your weekend sounds fun, I hope you find some good bargains!!
Good luck with the sewing! I am NOT good at that stuff! I am lucky if I can sew on a button!
HAVE FUN this weekend shopping!! I wanna go shopping...
:)
Can't wait to see how your sewing projects turn out. I'm not much of a sewer either. Like Tracy I can sew on a button. I wish I knew more.
Have fun shopping. Hope you find some great deals / find some cabin type decor.
I am wondering how the sewing adventure is going? Did you get that apron done yet?
I love going to consignment shops, all though I never seem to buy anything. I just like to look. Have fun shopping with your BFF.
Sometimes I think the guys work on everyone elses stuff so they don't have to work on their own. My driver side window is doing the funky chicken. And it has been for almost two months. Its real funny when I forget and go to a drive thru. Here comes hillbilly Miah again. :O)
Enjoy your "girls day out".
I hope the sewing is going well. That is one thing I am not very good at!! I can repair things, but that is about it! No zippers etc, to difficult for little ole me! I admire you for doing it!!! Good luck!!
Post a Comment