Well compared to the last post this one's going to be much less exciting..he he :)!
First off we want to Thank everyone for the Congratulations and the well wishes though this blog and email. And we are so glad you all want to experience this wonderful, amazing journey with us! I'm not sure if any of you have noticed but I put a little ticker on the right side of our blog to track the progress of the baby and how far along I am. I thought it would be kinda fun for everyone to be able to see that :)!
Some things I didn't say on my last exciting post was that my next doctor's appointment is on February 29th. I will be 18 weeks at that time and 2 weeks after that I'll go back in for the "BIG" ultrasound. Jeff and I will be finding out what the baby is and we will be letting everyone know what it is. We won't be sharing the name until the time of the birth however (plus I have a feeling we might not even know what exactly we will name the baby until we see it :)!!) I have already started making lists of names and every once in a while I'll throw one out at Jeff. Sometimes he begs me to put the lists away..he he! We have agreed on a few..we have more girl names then boy names right now...but we have plenty of time!
As for the other happenings in our life..well there isn't much going on. We pretty much stayed put this last weekend due to the NASTY cold weather. I don't think I venturned outside until Sunday evening arond 5:00 p.m. for the first time all weekend. We didn't go to Inwood yesterday either..way too cold to travel. Today I rode into town with Jeff as our driveway and gravel road are already drifting (and the snow really hasn't even started yet so they say). If it starts snowing like they say it's going to..with this wind..it's going to get NASTY out there!
Jeff's been busy working out in the shop. On Saturday he cleaned the truck really good..inside and out. He also had a few other things to work on out there...so he spent most of the afternoon on Saturday in the shop. I was sort of productive on Saturday...I made chocolate chip cookies :)! Yesterday we both just vegged the whole day. We got out Jeff's baby pictures for fun and started talking about what our baby is going to look like. That was fun :)!
The animals all survived the cold weather. The chickens have even been producing eggs in this cold weather (I think we're up to 4 or 5 a day now). Jake still loves snorting around in the snow and chasing rabbits. He knows where they hide so he likes to "hunt" them but of course they are WAY too fast for him to catch. The ducks just wander around the yard looking for any open grass they can find...after today there might not be much of that left!
So I guess that's it from our house. Again thanks everyone for all the well wishes! What a great group of family, friends and blogging buddies we have :)! God's Blessings to everyone!
10 comments:
Choc chip cookies.
Yummy~
Cookies sound so YUMMY!! Hmmmm maybe I should do the same..
I'm very excited and happy for you.
That is fun to see the ticker on your side bar of the baby growing each week.
How how to be picking out names.
We didn't know what we were having when we had Derek. But for some reason we changed our minds and wanted to know if our second was a boy or girl.
I love the ticker on the side. Its always fun to see what they look like at this time. Congrats again.
I noticed the ticker on your side bar and love it!
I remember days of picking out names.....lots of fun!
Do your chickens have certain places they lay eggs or how do you find them?
Those tickers are so much fun. I bed you can't wait for your ultrasound.
You be careful, venturing out in the cold and ice.
I'm looking forward to reading about how your pregnancy progresses.
what a cute ticker :o)
it's such an exciting time ~~~
and I like the 'normal posts' just as well as the 'exciting' ones!
hope you have a great weekend!
How about the name Miah for a girl. I think thats a nice girl name. ;O)
I love baking cookies!
I bet the baby was licking it's chops and thinking, I want some!!!
Post a Comment