Monday, March 17, 2008

One Day to Go!

Tomorrow is the big day! YIPPEEE!!! I'm crossing my fingers that we will still have our appointment tomorrow as the weather has taken a nasty turn here this morning! Darn March snow storms! I think right now we have about 2 inches of snow on the ground and it's coming down pretty good. The weather guys are saying 4 to 8 more inches tonight into tomorrow morning. Let's hope they are wrong like they so often are!! I really truly hope they are blowing this all out of proportion!

My Mom is driving up from Cedar Rapids today. She said it's only suppose to rain there today. I looked at the Weather Channel website and it doesn't look they they are getting much down her and Dad's way right now. Even Minnesota doesn't look so bad right now..just South Dakota! So please say a prayer that my Mom has safe travels today up to our house. She said not to worry about her because she's a pro at driving in nasty weather (she was up here a few weeks ago and had to drive 20 mph on the Interstate due to blowing, drifting snow).

As for the ultrasound please pray that that goes as scheduled also! I know that the Madison hospital has all the equipment but I'm not sure if the ultrasound tech is from town or not. I know they do remote location appointments via the TV/Camera that's set up in the room. I know the doctor who is doing the remote site thing is from Avera in S. Falls. So I guess I'm still hoping that everything goes without a hitch tomorrow..especially since my Mom is driving up in this nasty weather! Plus we have been so excited for this for the past 3 weeks!! :)

I rode to work with Jeff today so I guess I'll be leaving a bit early. I'm taking tomorrow off too! So my work week will be kinda short! As for the weekend we didn't do too much. I cleaned some on Saturday (made the guest room presentable for my Mom..he he) and also made a pretty delicious supper (if I do say so myself). I found a really really easy recipe for Chicken Mancotti and boy was it delicious! I also tried my hand at making homemade crescent rolls and they actually turned out! I was shocked! Thank goodness they taste good because we have about a dozen left to eat! I would like to take all the credit for the crescents but the bread machine did all the work when it came to making the dough and then sun played a big part in helping the dough rise!

Jeff spend Saturday out in the shop working on a few different vehicles. He is one busy guy. He still has a few more projects to get done in the shop. Now he's talking about starting to work on the puller tractor. Tractor pull season is fast approaching (rumor has it it could start as early as the end of May). So I have a feeling he'll be working on the tractor in the next few months to get it all ready to go!

We went to Inwood yesterday. We actually made it to church since all our clocks are right on now..he he! Had a wonderful dinner with the family, watched NASCAR, took naps and came home. We vegged out the rest of the night. Now today it's back to the grind.

We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Have a wonderful Monday and if you happen to live in the same area as us...please travel safely...it's not nice out there! God's Blessings to you all!!

9 comments:

Jamey said...

I hope your mom gets here safe and that you get to have the ultrasound as planned! That would be disappointing if not! I think by tomorrow it's supposed to be fine. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend, nice!

Tracy said...

I hope everything turns out tomorrow with your ultrasound and your mom coming to town.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jennifer said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya... and saying a little prayers as well :o)

EXCITING!

LKooiker said...

I was wondering if you were going to post those recipes you spoke of in your "what's cooking" blog. The chicken manicotti as well as the crescent rolls sound delicious. Would you be willing to e-mail me the recipes else.

Thanks
Lori K

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Details, details, details.....I am patiently (or I guess not so patiently) waiting for details of the ultrasound!!!!!

Tess said...

I hope your mom made it safe! I am thinking of you today, hope all goes well and you get all the information you are looking for!!

Tracy said...

Just checking in to see if you have any NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I hope it all went well and can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!

Jamey said...

We're all patiently waiting:) I hope you mom got here safe and you are out shopping for gender specific clothes!!