The baby shower on Saturday was GREAT! I thought for sure there would be about 10 people tops there but to my surprise there was 15! I was shocked to see my Aunt and cousin from Aberdeen walk in the door! Then my God mother showed up (from Rochester, MN) and my Mom's friend Jan showed up too! I was so very happy to see all these people! It meant so much to me to have everyone there! Thanks to everyone for coming :)!!! And Morgan...thanks so much for throwing me such a wonderful shower...it was GREAT! I really appreciate it!
Munchkin got a TON of wonderful stuff! Now I just need to put it all away :)! It's all sitting on the couch in the living room at the moment. I plan to start washing some of the new clothes, burp rags, bibs, blankets and hooded towels here in the next week or two. I also hope to get a cupboard all organized for the baby bottles and liners. I got a very nice bottle drying rack so I hope to find a good spot for that too. I have a feeling some Tupperware will be going into storage or possibly in the trash to make room for all this new stuff in our cupboards. I think my nesting urge is starting to kick in. I just want to clean, clean, clean!!
My Mom and Dad made it up last weekend on Friday and stayed until Sunday. We got to spend a lot of time with them which is always nice. Jeff went to the tractor pull on Saturday. He wasn't going to go but my Mom talked him into it :)! He ended up getting 1st place in his first class and 2nd place in the second class. His tractor ran really good! The next pull isn't until the 20th in Tea for Teapot Days. I'm excited to see him pull that night. Jeff got home at around 10:oo p.m. on Saturday and put Munchkin's new highchair together :)!
On Sunday we went out to eat with Mom, Dad, Adam, Morgan, and Cade. We hung out with everyone for an hour or so and then Mom and Dad had to leave. So we all went our separate ways. It sure was nice being able to spend time with Mom and Dad, Adam, Morgan, and Cade. Mom will be up again on June 13-15 for my other baby shower and for Morgan's brother's wedding. Dad won't be able to make it this time. It's funny to think that next time we see my Dad, our little guy will probably be here :)!
Jeff and I got Munchkin his crib last week too. We stopped at K-mart and found a really good deal on a really really nice crib. We also were able to get the mattress there also. It's not set up yet because Jeff still has to shampoo the carpet in the nursery. He said he plans to do that one of these nights since the weather is suppose to be wet and rainy. I can't wait to see it all set up. After the next baby shower we are going to go shopping for all the stuff we didn't receive. We thought we better wait because you never know what people will get for you!
I have my 32 week Doctor's appointment today. I am hoping the scale is more kind to me then it was at my 30 week appointment. And yes I have cut out my nightly ice cream :)! However I'm really liking the Double Stuffed Mint Oreo's right now..but I limit myself on those. I could sit down and eat the whole package but that wouldn't be good...he he!! And I didn't bring a PB & J sandwich for lunch today. I'm going to hit Taco John's and get some soft shell taco's. Hey there is lettuce in those so they can't be that bad :)!! I'll update in the next few days how the appointment goes.
I'll try to get some pictures taken of all the stuff we got at the shower. Also I picked up the Travel System Morgan found for us at a rummage she went to about a month ago. It is in almost NEW condition. It looks great! Thanks for finding that for us Morgan...we really appreciate it! So don't' worry...pictures are coming in the next few days too :)!
Our garden is looking awesome. This rain is good for something I guess. Jeff's been mowing the lawn about once a week. He did it again on Monday and it took a few hours. He managed to get it all done before the rain came. I'm sure it'll need it by Saturday again if this rain keeps up. I like the rain because then I don't have to water anything..he he :)!!! I had to chase our darn chickens off the road yesterday. They have decided that our yard apparently goes across the road now (which it does not). We also only let them out half a day now because they were eating our sweet corn out of our big field! They would pick the corn plant, eat the kernel off the bottom of the seedling and then leave the green part of the plant. Jeff was not pleased. So they only get out after I get home from work and can "supervise" them. I wish I could train Jake to bark every time they are either on the road or in the corn field.
So I guess that's about it for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! God's Blessings to you all! More to come later in the week!
6 comments:
WOW! Baby showers are so exciting!! Can't wait to see all the goods the munchkin got.
GREAT JOB JEFF on the tractor pull!
You crack me up! Double stuff mint oreos? Um...combine that with ice cream and DOUBLE yum!
Can't wait for you to post more pictures.
The shower was great and so was the food (hint.hint. Morgan get the recipes to us!)
I am happy to hear the shower went well!! It is so exciting to hear about all that is going on!
Way to go Jeff!! Congrats! That has to be a great feeling!
Hummm.. Those darn chickens are something aren't they! LOL..
YAY for the baby shower! I'm sure you are thrilled with all the neat things you got for your munchkin :o)
I just laughed when I read about your chickens. That's too funny, I can just imagine you and your pregnant little self trying to chase those chickens back into your yard! ha!
Good luck for tomorrow!
I am glad you had a great turn out at your shower.
I assume since you like mint oreo cookies and ice cream, you would like mint chip ice cream. Edy's slow churned mint chip SUGAR FREE ice cream is not to darn bad. Probably much better 4 you than regular ice cream, if your still craving that nightly bowl. I really love Edy's sugar free slow turn vanilla. Yummmmyyyyy!
I almost forgot. If you like ice cream sandwiches, try skinny cow's. Very good.
Post a Comment