Thursday, December 28, 2006

We Are Truly Very Blessed

Even though the Christmas season is very busy...Jeff and I feel so very blessed to have been able to spend the holidays with all our families! Christmas is all about celebrating Jesus' birth and spending time with family. Though the presents are nice....they aren't what's important during the holidays...family is.

We went to Inwood on Sunday to spend the day at Lee and Judy's. We went to church that morning and then stuffed our faces at lunch time. After lunch we had our Christmas celebration. We all opened presents and sat around and talked. It was nice to be able to sit there and relax...I think I even got in a short nap :)! Jeff and I drove home that night.

We went back to Inwood on Christmas morning and got there just in time for lunch. After lunch the guys went out to shoot clay pigeons and Judy and I stayed in the house and took naps! At 6:00 we went to the church to celebrate Christmas with the Blankespoor side. It was a good time. As usual there was TONS of good food and good conversation. Jeff and I left there at 9:30 p.m.

Mom and Dad got to Adam and Morgan's on Tuesday evening around 5ish. We went to Adam and Morgan's house after Jeff got home from work. We hung out there for about an hour. I, or course, had to squeeze Cade some :)! He is growing like a weed. His little cheeks are filling out and he's just the cutest little guy! We left their place at 8:15 so Cade could go to bed and went to Mom and Dad's hotel room and talked with them until around 9:45 p.m....then it was back home.

On Wednesday (yesterday) everyone came to our house to have my side's Christmas celebration. I made some homemade Vegetable Beef Soup and set up trays of goodies including cookies, breads, peanuts, caramel popcorn, and pickles. My parents brought Subway Sandwiches and chips. We ate at around 4:45. Everything was a big hit! After we ate, we opened presents. We all got tons of wonderful things!! Cade even made out like a bandit! He didn't really care what was going on...Grandma was holding him while everyone opened presents. When it was my mom's turn to open presents, I got to hold Cade. He's so funny when he sleeps...he constantly makes noise. It's so cute! Adam and Morgan said he grunts a lot at night and makes all sorts of noises. They had him dressed so cute yesterday...he even had on some really tiny Michael Jordan booties...very very cute!! I took more pictures, which I'll be emailing around very soon! Adam, Morgan, and Cade left at about 7 p.m. and Mom and Dad stuck around and hung out with us until a little after 8 p.m. It was a very enjoyable evening.


Now tonight Jeff and I are going to Sioux Falls to meet Mom and Dad for supper at Carnival Brazilian Grille. We've heard nothing but good things about this place so I'm sure it'll be wonderful! Mom and Dad are leaving tomorrow so we are trying to spend all the time we can with them. Adam, Morgan, and Cade won't be able to join us as Morgan has a wedding rehearsal to go to tonight. She's in her friends wedding tomorrow night.

Sounds like the weather might get kinda nasty this weekend. I think Mom and Dad will beat the storm outta here...which is good. I would hate for them to have to drive in crappy weather! Jeff is praying for snow...he wants to snowmobile so bad it hurts! So for his sake I hope there is some snow so he can get some snowmobiling in! I think Brian and Alan would also like to see some snow! So we'll see what happens.

Well that's it for now. My new job is going well. Almost have 2 weeks under my belt now and I seem to be catching on. The days fly by because I have so much work to do. Jeff has been keeping busy at work and at home. He thought he had a set back with his tractor the other night (I'll talk more about that later) but all turned out good. Thank goodness! Well I've rambled enough for today I think! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come from the Blankespoor household later!

No comments: