Friday, December 08, 2006

Wish Me Luck....I'm Going to Sioux Falls This Afternoon!

I'm hoping it will be a quick trip and back but who knows how busy it's going to be. I have to go pick up some supplies for some gift baskets I have to do and finish. I also need to go to Walmart. I'm dreading that the most. That place is NUTS almost all the time!! So I'll just get my groceries and get the heck outta there! Jeff has to work this afternoon so he won't be experiencing it with me! I know he's extremely bummed about that...ok so not really :)!

Tomorrow night we have to go to Rock Valley, IA for Jeff's Tractor Pulling Banquet. That should be a good time. I believe he got high points in both his classes again this year so I'm sure he'll get a few plaques or something to hang on the walls! They usually serve a pretty good meal too so that'll be good! It's always a good time to see everyone from the summer and talk about tractor pulling!

It's been pretty cold this week. Today they say and I do stress "say" that it's suppose to get up to 37 or 38. I won't believe it until I see the mercury hit that temperature. The weekend is suppose to be decent too, decent being near 40. I guess we can't complain since it's December and it's suppose to be cold. I hope we have snow for Christmas though...it just doesn't seem right when there is brown grass showing on Christmas!

Next week Jeff and I NEED to get our Christmas shopping DONE!!! My Christmas cards will be here next week sometime (hopefully) so I'll be working on those. We have gotten quite a few cards already. I wish I was on top of things like that :)! I'm going to do my baking next Tuesday too. I'm taking that day off from work since I have to work 8 hour days on both Thursday and Friday. I'm looking forward to baking...I LOVE to bake! This year however I'm not making 15 different types of cookies...I've limited myself to making 6 kinds this year. I think that'll be plenty. Last year Jeff and I were eating Christmas Cookies into February! So after next week we should be sitting pretty good and should be done with our Christmas shopping and I should be done with my baking!

We are glad it's Friday today! Jeff has been pretty busy at work so far today. I'm counting the hours down until I can go shopping. I'm looking pretty forward to it...except for the traffic and crowds. Hope everyone has a great Friday! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come later!

No comments: