Hooray for Jeff!!! The tractor ran GREAT on Friday night at Tea Pot Days! I could tell he was super happy that it ran because as soon as he got past that 100 foot mark (where it died the last time) he got this BIG smile on his face and he kept smiling until he got to the end. IT WAS QUITE THE SIGHT!! He ended up with 2nd place in the 8500 lb. Open Farm class. The second class (9500 lb.) Jeff is in is slightly tougher and there are more tractors in that one so I think he finished 5th which isn't bad at all! So no repairs need to be made to the tractor this week. There is a pull in Dell Rapids this weekend so we are looking forward to that :)!!
The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Since we didn't get home until 2:30 a.m. on Saturday morning I was pretty much a big pile on Saturday..he he! I did managed to clean around the house some (bathroom and kitchen) and managed to get a few loads of laundry done also. I even took a nap on Saturday afternoon. Poor Jeff had to work at 8 on Saturday morning so he only got a few hours of sleep. He even took a nap when he got home from work. Then it was go, go, go for him. He mowed the lawn and did some things around the yard. I don't know how he does it :)!
Yesterday we went to Inwood and hung out there all day. Tami, Alan, and Corey (oh and Copper (their dog)) were there. I of course got in a little baby squeeze time :)! Then after they left I took a nap and the others watched the tractor pull video from the night before. We got home last night at around 6:30 and pretty much relaxed the rest of the night.
Today is going to be another busy day. We have a wedding to go to tonight in Inwood. It starts at 7 p.m. so we have to leave here by 5. I don't think tonight will get too late (should be home no later then 11 p.m. I would imagine). The rest of the week there really isn't much going on. Our car went into the body shop today so I'm driving our truck (SO WATCH OUT EVERYONE)! Ok so I'm not that terrible of a driver in that thing...it's just bigger then what I'm use to (you should see my parking job outside of work...ha ha). Hopefully Jeff will be bringing a loaner car home with him so I can drive that for the next few days.
So that's life in a nutshell. Hope everyone had a great weekend. God's Blessings to everyone! Don't worry...more to come later this week :)!!
6 comments:
Way to go Jeff and your tractor!! :)
I don't think that I have ever been to a Monday night wedding. Very interesting!! Have a good time!
Have a great Monday!!
Congrats on the great weekend with the tractor and no breakdowns!
Congrats to Jeff on getting 2nd and 5th place. I bet the tractor pull was fun.
You sound very busy too.
You think summer is going to be slow and then it is busy as ever.
We are getting ready to leave town either today(most likely tomorrow) to see some of my aunts that have flown in to see my grandpa. One is from California and one is from is from Idaho. I would like to see them as we don't see them very often it has been atleast 5 years since we've seen each of them.
Congratulations to your hubby! Have fun this weekend, too. :-D
Way to go Jeff! You show 'em whose boss!
Was that you in that big truck that just about took me out? Just kidding. I sure don't miss trying to park mine! Hope you made it through the day without any mishaps.
Have a great week Erin!!
Good job Jeff!! Sounds like you both really enjoy the tractor pulls!! You don't get alot of sleep but naps are good on the weekends!!
Post a Comment