Well our weekend was pretty uneventful for the most part. On Friday night we went out to eat at the new Stadium Sports Grill. It was packed in there! Apparently the newness of the place has yet to wear off!! The service was surprisingly quick for it being so busy and the food was really good and the prices...we were shocked at how cheaply we ate (and we had dessert too)! It was kinda funny though when I had just taken a bite of my sandwich a lady comes over to the table with a plate in her hand and says to me "Do you like your sandwich?" I looked at her and said "Yeah it's really good." She's like "Well that's not your sandwich...this is your sandwich but if you like the one your eating you can just keep eating that one." I wouldn't have known the difference if she hadn't said anything. Oh well I guess that's what waitresses are suppose to do...make the customer happy. I'm just happy I liked the sandwich :)!! We also had their Oreo Fried Ice cream....all I can say about that is YUMMY!!!
Jeff had to work on Saturday morning until noon so I cleaned the house. I know..real exciting :)!! Jeff spent the afternoon mowing the yard. He hopes this is the last time he'll have to do this. After all that rain last week it sure needed it again. Hard to believe he's still mowing in October!! We haven't even really had a good hard freeze yet...it's nuts! I spent some of the afternoon outside tagging along with Jeff and Jake as Jeff played musical buildings...he he! He was trying to get all the puller tractors into one of our buildings...so that meant taking all the vehicles out of one building and the moving the other vehicles into the now empty building. It was quite the process. I'm sure glad he moves all those vehicles/tractors because if I was doing it some of those nice tractors would have some big ol' dents and scratches on them :)! I'm not good at backing things into buildings and I'm sure not good at positioning them in the buildings like Jeff is.
The Asian Beetles were awful on Saturday since it was so nice and warm outside. There were also these little tiny black bugs that were constantly biting us. Not fun! So eventually I went in the house and made supper (good excuse huh :)!) The rest of the evening we spent in the house watching movies. It was nice and relaxing :)! Now we just need to get us a fireplace (like at our cabin) and we'll be set...he he :)!
On Sunday we did the church and family thing in Inwood. We got to see everyone after not seeing them all for 2 weeks. Poor little Corey had yet another ear infection...but he was pretty happy considering he was sick. He's growing like a weed! He sure likes to screech and talk..it's really cute! He also just started to roll over...before we know it he'll be crawling all over! After we left Lee and Judy's we stopped at Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house. Boy Cade sure has grown! He's now crawling all over the place. He's pretty quick too :)! He loves to talk and he's just so curious about everything. He had ear tubes put in a week ago (tomorrow) and all seems to be going well with that. Hopefully they will relieve his ear infections! It sure was great seeing everyone again on Sunday.
The week seems to be going kinda fast yet this morning for some reason even though I was really busy at work the day just drug on. I guess some days are just like that. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do. Nothing drastic (I don't think). I guess if it's something really different I'll post a picture or two! So you'll all just have to wait and see!
I ordered our Christmas photo cards today. Last year I was so far behind and didn't have them ordered until the first week in December. Boy am I on the ball this year! Now if I could just get motivated and start my Christmas shopping :)!
Well I guess that's about it. I posted a few pictures below of the inside of our cabin (since I said I would on my last post). We hope everyone is having a wonderful week! God's Blessings to everyone!!
The Kitchen
The Livingroom
Another view of the Livingroom (without the flash). Smile Jeff!!
The Roaring (and very TOASTY) fire in the fireplace.
9 comments:
Oreo Fried Ice cream? That sounds heavenly! I can not wait to try that.
I have been trying to get myself to buy a few christmas gifts, but it just has not happened yet. My sis-n-law says she has all of her christmas shopping done all ready. I wish I was that ambitious.
Have a super Wednesday!
I am glad you a good experience at The Stadium. I am still not going back anytime soon.
That looks like a great cabin!! With all your great pictures, I can see why you guys go there for vacation!
What a wonderful vacation spot, a a great cabin.
I haven't tried Stadium yet. I'm going to give them a few more weeks until they get a routine down. I've been hearing mixed reviews about the place.
I am also glad you had a good experience at Stadium...we are not going back for awhile either.
That cabin is B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L!!!
When I see Christmas stuff in the stores I want to stomp my feet and scream - IT ISN'T EVEN HALLOWEEN YET!!!! Way to early.. Bugs me.
Sounds like you had a great vacation! I love the cabin. I need a get away like that. Looks wonderful!
Glad the stadium experience was good. That dessert sounds awesome!
Have a great week!
That cabin is great! It sounds like you had a good weekend too. I have started Christmas shopping, but not too much. And I have my card saved in the computer but haven't ordered it yet. I'm trying to stay ahead of the game, but it will slowly creep up on me like every year!!
That cabin is absolutely gorgeous!
We've had one bad experience and one good experience at Stadium.
Glad you had a good experience.
That cabin looked great. What a fun time you must've had.
P.S. We've ordered our Christmas cards too. It is a great feeling to have a head start on things.
We have Christmas with Al's side in 3 weeks. We don't forget Thanksgiving. It just works out so much better this way. With Al's family traveling from out of state here. It frees up December more. December is so much more relaxed and enjoyable for us. We only have to travel to one family at Thanksgving and one family at Christmas. It just gets to be too much if we cram in all in at Christmas. It isn't relaxing and fun at all...just rush rush rushed.
Post a Comment