Tuesday, January 29, 2008

BURRR!!!


It's COLD out there this morning! I just heard the DJ on the radio say it's -25 windchill out there. I believe it! At least this latest cold snap will only be around for 2 days and not 10 days like the last one. So there's a positive!

We had a nice but busy weekend. We were off and going by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. We took Jeff's puller tractor down to Inwood so the guys could work on it all day. Judy and I met up with Tami at noon, went out to lunch and then hit the consignment shops in Rock Valley. Talk about some GOOD DEALS! I got some summer clothes and hardly spent any money! Tami was finding all sorts of clothes for Corey for the summer too. It was a great time! We were done shopping by 2:30 and Judy and I headed back to Inwood. I grabbed a quick cat nap and then we went to the shop to see how much the guys had gotten done while we were shopping. They had Jeff's tractor ripped apart and were in the process of putting it all back together while we were there. Jeff is going down there Saturday to work on it some more.

We had the tractor pulling banquet on Saturday night in Beresford. That started at 6:30. We ate really good :)! The people that catered our wedding catered this banquet...so of course the food was delicious! We watched a little video that was made of the tractor pulling season and then they handed out plaques to the guys with top points. Jeff got one plaque for getting 2nd highest points in the 8500 lb. class. They also did drawings for door-prizes. I won $5.00 to KFC! After the awards were done we sat and chatted until about 9:30. Jeff and I headed home that night and rolled into our place around 11:00. I was beat and was asleep the instant my head hit the pillow!

We then went to Inwood on Sunday morning for Church and family time. We were well traveled this weekend again. But we are so use to it it just seems like second nature anymore!

So that's the weekend recap from our house. This week doesn't look too busy... just work and doing stuff around the house. Jeff and I have a master plan for some MAJOR spring cleaning. We are going to ORGANIZE our house from top to bottom. I have a feeling we'll be throwing out TONS of stuff we don't need/use. I honestly don't think we have done this since I moved in when we got married...and come to think of it I don't even think we did it then! Not sure when this is going to happen but I think pretty soon from the way Jeff was talking. We are both just sick of the clutter and the unorganization!

Well that's it for now. Hope everyone STAYS WARM!!! Have a great Tuesday! God's Blessings to everyone!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like another busy but fun weekend. Glad you found some good deals at the co-signment store.

Burr! is right. I'm so tired of winter and cold weather already.
You stay warm too.

Tracy said...

My hands are freezing right now and of course I am IN the house.

The wind is sure blowing by my house (no trees to shelter the wind).

BRRR...Stay warm!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We try to pitch stuff often....after cleaning out our old house to move into the new one, I got a new appreciation for throwing things out that you probably won't be using or needng!

Just Mom said...

It's insanely cold out there. I don't blame you for cheering yourself up by buying clothes for summer. I'm doing that too. Gives me something to look forward too.

Tess said...

Wow, it is cold today!! I couldn't believe the shock to my ole body when I walked outside this AM! Crazy!

Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend! I saw you on hwy 19 on Saturday. I actually passed you, but I didn't wave because I figured you would think I was some crazy lady that you didn't know you! The tractor sure does look nice!! I like the new truck too!!

Have a great week Erin!!

Jamey said...

Sounds like you had another busy weekend! Congrats to Jeff on his
2nd place points! I am really sick of the cold, but like you said...this time it's only a couple of days instead of almost 2 weeks!

the boedecker family said...

It is so COLD I agree! I know this is SD but how can it be 45 one day and then 40 below the next??!! Glad you had a good weekend!

A mom said...

I have been chilled for days now! I am glad its going to be warming up.

I am not sure why, but the whole tractor pull banquet thing cracks me up. I had no idea.

Happy Thursday!

Jamie said...

It can warm up at any time at least we aren't having blizzards right!