We had a wonderful trip to Mom and Dad's on Friday. There was talk of some nasty weather though up around Albert Lea, MN so Jeff and I decided to take the "southern route" to Mom and Dad's. This took us though West Okaboji and Spencer. It was nice to see some territory that we don't normally see. We drove in drizzle most of the way to their house but made it safely there around 8:45 p.m. or so.
On Saturday we went shopping! Jeff needed some new duds so we hit Kohl's. They always have such good deals going on. We got him 2 new shirts, a new belt and some new dress shoes for VERY reasonable prices. Let's just say he was stylin' :)!! Of course we had to hit the baby section :)! We found a cute romper type outfit in size 6 months for our little guy. It is pants and not shorts so he should be able to wear it in the winter time. We also went to Old Navy and found the CUTEST (and I mean CUTEST) little flannel shirt for our little guy. When Mom was shopping with me after our ultrasound I had found him a little baby jean jacket so Jeff wanted to find him a little flannel shirt to wear with that jean jacket..so we found one and the price was right at $1.99!! I just can't get over how TINY these clothes are! After clothes shopping we hit Barnes and Noble for a bit. Jeff and I looked at the Baby Name books. It's amazing some of the STRANGE names there are out there. Stuff we couldn't even pronounce let alone would name our child! We found a few more names that we both liked so I added them to "The List" before I forgot them! After shopping we relaxed at Mom and Dad's for a bit and then went to Red Lobster. YUMMY!
On Sunday we went to Dad's church for breakfast and then later church. It was nice to see everyone again. Mom and Dad sang in their church Easter cantata so we got to listen to that. It was beautiful. Dad's sermon was excellent also! It was a GREAT EASTER!
We also hit a few more stores while we were visiting Mom and Dad. We hit K-Mart and found our little guy more great clothes. Jeff found a little outfit that says "Daddy's Little Sidekick" on it and it has a wrench and hammer on it. He thought that was fitting for his little guy! We also found more 6 to 9 month clothes at great prices. So we couldn't pass up those deals! Before we left on Monday we hit this HUGE consignment shop called STUFF. It has everything! I hit the baby section right away and found about 8 outfits for our little guy. Most of them are for when he gets to be about 6 to 9 months but I did find some little onsies he can wear after he's born. We also found a snow suit for next winter for him. It was only $6.00 and is like new. All the stuff we got for him was almost brand new looking...hardly any fading. In fact a few of the outfits had never been worn..still had original tags on them! We plan to hit that place again when we go down there!!
We left on Monday afternoon around 1:00 and got home at 7:15 p.m. All was well at the house. All the ducks were still there and the chickens were productive while we were gone. Jeff counted a dozen eggs in their coop but we threw them out because we weren't sure if they had been sat on or got to warm. One chicken is actually sitting on a nest and we're hoping these eggs hatch out. We went and picked up Jake on Tuesday at noon.
So now it's back to the grind but almost the weekend again! Jeff drove me into work this morning as the roads were icy. The snow is falling pretty good right now after our 3 inches last night. At least we didn't' get the 8 inches they were forecasting! There is one good thing about snow this time of year...it doesn't stick around very long! By the weekend it's suppose to be in the 40's again.
We hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! Happy Thursday! God's Blessings to everyone!
10 comments:
Why won't the snow just stay away?! Good thing its usually gone with a day or two.
Sounds like you are going to be more than prepared for this baby! I love good deals.
Glad you three made it home safely.
Glad you had a good Easter. Gotta LOVE deals on kids clothes. I buy all sorts of stuff on clearance in bigger sizes for the kids. That way I am one step ahead of the game.
It is so much fun shopping for all those baby outfits!! Just wanted to warn you though, that not all those clothes are going to fit at the "age" they are labeled!! Quite often I've found that the babies will wear the "6month" outfits at more like 3-4 months of age!!! Have you made it to Rock Valley yet to hit all those thrift stores!!! Happy shopping!!
I LOVED shopping for baby stuff.
All those little baby clothes will seem HUGE once your baby gets in them. (Well, that's how it was with my son.)
Wow, you have been busy!
I love getting deals on clothes and always used to buy a year ahead for my kids....way cheaper that way.
We did get the 8 inches that was forecasted here....bummer!
I bet you are find the cutest things for the baby!! I loved shopping for Marissa when she was a baby....oh heck...I still do but now we just have try more of the clothes on.
Sounds like a good Easter weekend and some good shopping!! I love Kohls, and I love good deals!!! I'm glad your travels were safe.
Wooo, it sure has been cold here in North Carolina this weekend as well... no snow, but if it were a few degrees colder, we would have had snow up to our ears!
Sounds like you had such fun shopping for your little one-to-come. I can't imagine how excited you must be!
Hope you have a great week Erin!
Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend! Shopping is a blast for the new addition isn't it!! You are doing a good thing by getting 6-9 month stuff, they don't stay in the little stuff very long!
Don't forget about Kingswood Rummage Sales in SF! Great place to pick up Baby stuff very reasonable!!
Happy Belated Easter. Sounds like you had a very busy Easter weekend.
Glad you found some good delas on baby clothes.
Good luck picking out baby names.
Post a Comment