
I LOVE this weather we are having. It's PERFECT outside. I wish the whole summer could be this wonderful but I know that the hot, humid, sticky weather is lurking around the corner (in fact it's suppose to be back on Saturday). I don't do good in HOT, HUMID weather. I feel like a wilted flower when it gets above 90 and the humidity is out of control. Jeff on the other hand can just "adjust". I guess that comes from working in an un-air conditioned building all day long. He is not bothered by the hot weather at all. He goes about his business and does all the things he usually does when it's cooler outside.
Some of the tractor pulls we have gone to in years past have been OUTRAGEOUSLY HOT!! One summer we had one in Irene, SD and the temp hit 109 that day! Here we are sitting outside in the sweltering heat watching the pull. I had on a tank top and shorts and was still VERY TOASTY! Jeff, meanwhile, is running around in a t-shirt and jeans!! Judy and I about had a heatstroke that day (note to self..sitting in the back of a truck on a 109 degree day is a VERY VERY BAD IDEA)! Luckily there was a tiny grove of about 3 trees that we went and sat under for awhile. That actually felt good. I have told Jeff that if it's any where close to 100 degrees when he has a tractor pull I'll be staying home. Last year we missed a few because it was just too darn hot. I think that's reasonable...plus it's hard to have a good time when you are sweating buckets :)!!
Sorry to go on and on about the weather. Like I said today is PERFECT! We have yet to turn our air conditioner on in our house (yes even on those hot days you'll find our windows wide open with all ceiling fans running). We learned our lesson last summer after having the air on for 3 months straight that we didn't exactly like our electric bills each month. So now the air only goes on if it's absolutely miserable in our house. So far it hasn't been too bad. Plus I'm one of those crazy ladies that is seen wearing a sweatshirt in the house when the air is on. I'm always cold (unless in the direct sunlight).
Well everyone...as you can tell not too much is going on at our house this week. After work today I'm going to pick more snow peas. I swear those things grow before your eyes! I wish the green beans and potatoes were ready but they aren't yet. I'll have to take a picture of a "new" toy Jeff got on Monday. It's a 1920's International Potato Picker. It's really cool and it actually works (well after much tinkering around by Jeff anyway)! It's all rusty but that adds to it's charm! I'll post those in the next few days...and maybe some "bonus" shots of our garden and baby duck..maybe even a few of Jake. You never know :)!!
Have a great Thursday everyone! God's Blessings to everyone!!
8 comments:
I waited as long as I could to turn the air on but I am spoiled and it was on at the end of May. I hate being outside in the heat and coming into the house and not having any relief.
Have a great day! It is almost Friday!! YIPPEE!!
Glad your having such nice weather. It is HOT and STICKY here - yuck!
I'm glad you are having good weather. We are back to REALLY hot here. Triple digits. At least our humidity isn't as bad here! My husband is the same way as Jeff--he just adapts to the heat. I do OK, but I could never spend as much time out in it as they do without whining!!
I agree this weather is very nice! I hate the hot and humid day's. I just can't handle it anymore...as a kid I remember being outside all the time but not now!!
I agree today was beautiful.
We haven't had to run our air too much either...just a few of those days that were really warm.
I'm like you where I get real chilly if it is too cold in here.
We just open our windows often too.
It was so beautiful out there yesterday. If only it could be that way all the time.
Have a great weekend Erin!!
I have the air on when it starts to get hot. It doesn't kick on if it's not hot in here so I just leave it. Sometimes I get quite chilly downstairs but I like it when it's hot outside and come in to a cool house.
Have a great weekend Erin!
I tagged you for a blogfiller.
Post a Comment