Saturday's shopping trip was GREAT!! Val and I left Dells at around 9:30 and got to TJ Maxx at a little after 10:00 a.m. The store hardly had any shoppers in it when we got there. Needless to say I didn't find anything worth my while there. Sometimes Val and I have really good luck at TJ Maxx and other times we don't..Saturday happened to be a not so lucky day there. Oh well there were PLENTY more stores to hit :)!!
We ate lunch at Panera Bread. LOVE THAT PLACE!!! It was so yummy! After a quick lunch we headed out to Kohl's...another store we have wonderful luck at. Kohl's of course was having wonderful sales on Saturday. I had a bunch of stuff to try on. I think I ended up getting a blouse type shirt and a pair of brown pants. I love sweaters and those were on sale but I have a TON of sweaters so I held off on buying them on Saturday. I'll have to wait until they go on some really awesome sale during the winter (when they put out all the spring/summer stuff)...now that's the time to buy sweaters..he he :)!! After Kohl's we headed over to the Mall. What a ZOO!! The parking lots were so full...I think everyone and their uncle was out shopping on Saturday! So we parked half way between the Mall and Gordman's.
We hit quite a few stores in the Mall. I had a $57.00 Victoria Secret gift card to spend so we headed over there. I bought a bunch of their Love Spell lotions, body washes and perfumes. I'll be smellin' good for awhile now people :)! I also bought some lip gloss and another little bottle of perfume (I think it's called Heavenly). I managed to take care of that gift card pretty quick (I still have $2.15 left on it but I don't think I can buy anything for that much...better save it incase I get another one sometime (like for Christmas)..he he)! We went to JcPenney's and I found a pair of pants there too. What can I say...I was on a mission to find some pants that don't make me look like I'm preparing for the flood to come. I hate high water pants and for some reason I am in between Average length and Tall. The pants I found at Penney's appear to be long enough so I bought them.
After the Mall we headed to Gordman's. They have a ton of cute Fall/Halloween type decorations for all those interested and they even have some Christmas stuff out. I didn't look at the Christmas stuff though. I was on a mission for more clothes! I tried on another handful of items at Gordman's and managed to walk out of there with 2 shirts and a pair of jeans. I also found this really cute pumpkin wall hanging so I bought that to add to our fall decor at home. We hit Shoe Carnival after that. I LOVE this store!! And I LOVE shoes...so this store was a hit! They have some really great sales going on while you walk around the store. This guy comes on over the PA and announces that the racks with the pink balloons (the clearance racks) will all now be $7.00 for each pair of shoes. That goes for about 10 minutes and after those 10 minutes are up he announces another sale on the tables in the middle aisle of the store (the tables with the blue balloons). Those shoes were now going to be $19.98 a pair. I managed to find a really CUTE pair of shoes on one of those special tables and got this $40.00 pair of shoes for $19.98. I think I'll be adding Shoe Carnival to my list of favorites :)!!
We hit Walmart last...because as you all know Walmart on Saturdays is a crazy crazy place! I only needed a few things so Val and I weren't in there very long. But the time I was in there I about went nuts!! I didn't hit anyone with a cart or anything...if I had a cart I might have...he he..just kidding! I think the thing that took the longest for us in there was the check out line. If the sign says Twenty Items or Less doesn't it mean it??! I think the girl in front of me was pushin it...but I didn't count her items. Oh well we managed to get out of there in one piece (which I'm always grateful for after a trip to Wally World..he he)! By the time we left Sioux Falls I had $10.00 left. So I did pretty well and even came home with some money. I'll post pictures of all my purchases in the next few days :)!!
Jeff went to Inwood on Saturday after work and helped his dad with some things on Lee's new truck and also helped work on Judy's van (the crashed one they were fixing up). Jeff rolled in around 8:45 p.m. and we were both just beat. Shopping and working takes a lot out of a person!! We pretty much vegged out the rest of Saturday night. On Sunday we went to Inwood for church and family time. We had to leave early (around 4:00 p.m.) because there was a tornado warning for the town 15 miles from Inwood and was coming that direction. Jeff and I didn't want to risk the car getting hailed on again (not sure if the insurance company would pay for hail dent remove 2 times in one year). So we pretty much stayed away from the storm until we got to Renner where we got into a down pour. At least it wasn't hail!! We drove out of it and discovered when we got home that it had hailed pea sized hail at our place. We have no idea when it did it but we managed to find some still sitting in the yard. We had an inch and a half of rain yesterday too! Our Sunday evening was quite and we were in bed by 10:15 p.m.!
Our weekend was good..went way too fast (but don't they always). This week doesn't look too crazy (well for me anyone..not sure what Jeff will be working on this week). We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. God's blessings to everyone! Pictures to come in the next few days :)!!
11 comments:
Phew! That was a lot of shopping. Actually, I could use a shopping day like that.
Glad you had fun.
You did get a lot of shopping in. Sounds like you found lots of clothing. Can't wait to see the picks and see all of your new purchases.
WOW I would love to have a day of shopping like that! It's been at least 10 years since I have!! Sounds like you got some good deals as well...Cool!!
It sounds like you got some good deals!! You hit all my favorite stores! I am VERY happy to hear that there is a Panera, I LOVE that place. My friend and I go every couple of weeks here in Loveland.
You've given me some ideas of places to shop! YIPEE! Although I am not sure when I will get to SF without the kids and enough TIME to actually try on clothes. That doesn't happen very often.
Have a great week!!
Wow....made me tired just reading about it!
I love Gordmans and Kohls too. I have never been to the Shoe Carnival tho...will have to check that one out!
Panera...never been there or never heard of it...tell me more...what do they serve?
Sounds like you got some great stuff. It always cracks me up when you talk about vegging out for the rest of the night after getting home at almost 9:00. I used to swear I would never be in bed before midnight, but these days I am lucky to even see 9:00.
Sounds like you guys had a good time shopping...and shopping you did for sure!!
Wow, you were busy! Shopping is always tiring! Glad you were able to find some good deals.
Shoe Carnival - sounds like a place I have to check out! I love shoes!
Wow! I can only shop at one or two stores before I am totally exhausted! (Probably because I am usually shopping with all the kids---for the kids.) Gotta love Kohl's...they get plenty of business from us.
BTW, I have the same flood pants problem, EXCEPT I am in between shorts and averages. Glad you found some!
Hey guy's!! Kohls, a great shopping place throughout the world. You can find Kohls coupons, discounts on shipping, beauty products, watches, jewelry and more.
Post a Comment