I don't have to work day...which is great but poor Jeff is stuck at work. I guess this is one of the many perks of working for the County! Jeff doesn't get holidays like Native American Day (ok so it's Columbus Day in other states). He gets the basic's off and that's about it. I guess there were even a few school's that had class today (that kind of shocked me). I feel for those poor teachers and kids...and everyone else who has to work today!
I'm doing laundry today so we have clean clothes to take on our trip :)! It's nice outside...well it's alittle brisk but sunny and there is a nice breeze so I'm hanging the clothes out on the line. I just got done baking some Chocolate Chips Cookies. I think I ended up eating most of the dough (hey what can I say...I LOVE cookie dough). Of course I had to sample a warm cookie too and they are GREAT!!! I made apple stuff all weekend again because we got another box of apples from Jeff's co-worker. Sad thing is I still have half a box left!! So far I have made Cinnamon Apple Muffins, Apple Bread and Chunky Applesauce. I'll have to look through my 100 cookbooks and find more apple recipes or if all else fails...core them, peel them and slice them...then put them in the freezer for later use. I heard that works good too. So I guess we'll see how motivated I get later this afternoon!
Jeff and I can't believe that this is the week we leave for Colorado! After looking forward to this trip for 10 months now...we both know it'll go super quick. We plan to make the most of it though...and don't worry we'll take TONS of pictures to show everyone! Now we just both have to get through the short work week and off we go on Friday morning bright and early (we want to be on the road by 7 am...we'll see if that happens or not :)!!!!!!)
The animals are all doing good. Our female duck has now laid 17 eggs in my flower bed. She has been sitting on them too so we'll see what the next 28 to 30 days bring! Might have baby ducks running around in the snow!? Who knows! Jake is good...goofier then ever but good! We have decided not to get the surgery on his leg at this point in time. It just seems so much better since he's lost some weight. I guess we'll see what winter brings...if it seems to bother him we'll probably end up doing it eventually...but right now he's doing great and we don't really want to screw that up with surgery!
Well I guess that's it for now from the Blankespoor household. Is it Friday yet :)??? We hope all is well with everyone...God's blessings to everyone! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment