Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Summer has Returned!


Yesterday it was 85 degree's here in Madison and today it's suppose to be about 80! Summer is making one last blast I guess. Yesterday I did laundry and thought it was a good idea to hang them out on the line (you know to save a little bit of money). Well when I got home from work last night at 5, I went out to take them off the line...I got attacked by these little tiny black bugs. They were biting me! Those bites hurt! The Asian Beetles weren't so bad but I did end up shaking everything out 3 times a piece to make sure no bugs were lurking in the clothing!

Jeff and I took the boat out last night. We were hoping to be out of the house and on the lake by 6 pm but you know how that goes...when you make plans like that they never work out :)! Jeff sold another car yesterday so we were waiting on the guy to come get it. He sold one on Saturday too...sold 2 cars in 3 days...NOT BAD! So we left our house at 6 instead and got out to the lake by 6:20 or so. We cruised around the lake for a bit trying to find the "perfect" fishing spot. We had to find one quick because the sun goes down by 7:30 now. So we found a spot and threw our our lines. No bites there so we moved on. We moved to another spot and got a few nibbles there but didn't catch anything. We couldn't see our bobbers anymore so we decided it was probably time to leave. We loaded the boat in the dark...which actually wasn't that bad! We were off the lake and loaded by 8pm! It was fun even though it went way too fast. It's always nice to just get out on the lake and cruise around.

Otherwise not too much is going on at our house. On Saturday I made a ton of stuff with apples in it. I made Apple Crisp, Apple Brickle Bread and then some chucky applesauce with strawberry jello in it. Everything was excellent and we're still eating the apple crisp! Jeff was busy all day Saturday putting new straw in Jakes dog house and kennel building. Jake seems to like his new bedding and will be nice and toasty warm this winter. Jeff also mowed the yard and took out the garden. He was busy all day on Saturday.

We're counting down until our trip...can't believe it's next week already! We have to start making lists of all we need to take and all that fun stuff. Our cabin in Colorado has a full kitchen in it so we will be making a lot of our own food while we are there so I'm trying to find some easy recipes to make while we are there. They also provide a grill so we plan to grill out a lot too! We are so SUPER EXCITED!!!!! Jake gets to go stay at Lee and Judy's (that'll be his vacation too :)!!)

I guess that's all for now from the Blankespoor household. Not too much going on but I sure can ramble if need be :)! God's blessing to everyone! More to come later!

No comments: