Monday, July 24, 2006

Cookbook Addiction

Seriously, I think I could honestly make anything that anyone would request. I have an addiction...a cookbook addiction! I LOVE TO COOK and BAKE....Yes you heard me correctly...I LOVE IT!!!! If I had more time each day, I think I would cook and bake all day long. Jeff and I would probably weigh 500 lbs. a piece too if I was allowed to bake all day. I'm not sure how many cookbooks or cooking magazines I have, but there are a ton of them! I think I might have over 30 cookbooks now and at least 100 plus cooking magazines. What can I say...I want to have every recipe known to man! It could be worse I guess!

I think I've always liked to cook and bake. I remember being younger and mom and dad letting me pick out some recipes I could try on them. I remember summer days at home baking cookies and trying new recipes. Boy, were they good sports for letting me try out my cooking and baking on them! No one got sick so that's a good sign! I remember trying to make snack mix one summer day and burning it pretty bad...that house reeked for days of burnt chex cereal and pretzels :)! When I got my job at the hospital as a "tray" person, that's when I started cooking more. I was eventually promoted to second head cook after about a year of working there...and enjoyed that very much. I know sick people would rather eat soup and toast but we were making lasagna and garlic toast and sometimes even salmon quiche! I LOVED making that stuff but after I quit working there I got away from cooking.

To be honest with you, after I got out on my own I didn't cook that much. I mean it was hard to make stuff for one person. After I met Jeff that changed. I wanted to show him that yes in deed I could cook and bake and I haven't looked back. I make supper for us every night of the week with exception of Friday night when we go out to eat or when we are at tractor pulls (then I don't cook). I'm not saying that I create some 3 course meal...usually it's just a meat, a potato of some sort and a vegetable...maybe a dessert...just depends. I plan menus or try to each month...this makes grocery shopping so much easier for me too!

So cooking and baking are just a few of my passions in life. I have more that I'll talk about later. Just like I'll talk more about Jeff's hobbies later on too.

Our weekend was nice. We made my mom a nice home cooked meal (too bad I couldn't send some home with her for dad). We grilled out burgers, had corn on the cob, and potatoes out of our garden. I even made a No Bake Cheesecake Pie (very delicious and very very simple...if anyone wants the recipe let me know...I'd be happy to share). We found out what Adam and Morgan are having but I'm not going to share that for a week or two on here so they can tell everyone themselves first! We are very excited though...can't wait to meet that baby in December!

Tomorrow we have a tractor pull in Rock Rapids, IA at 6:30. I am going to go to this one and video tape it since I missed the last one. Jeff usually does very good at Rock Rapids. Since there's a pull...that means rain..which isn't a bad thing I guess. I keep telling Jeff he needs to cut down his alfalfa because it always rains then! It's sprinkling here now but I don't think it's going to amount to much...we need the rain real bad. You know it's bad when the grass crunches under your feet when you walk on it. NOT GOOD!!! Hope to see some of you out at the pull tomorrow night!

More to come after the pull tomorrow. God's blessings to everyone! And here's hoping that it rains...a lot...very very soon!!!!!

No comments: