
If someone were to come into our yard and look through our buildings and barn they would find quite the collection of tractors. Jeff enjoys his tractors. He enjoys tinkering with them, he enjoys restoring them and most of all he just enjoys collecting them. He already has quite the collection started. We'll start with the smaller items and work our way up :). He has 2 Cub Cadet lawn mowers. One of them I use to mow with so it's kind of in rough shape (how many times did I crash that darn thing, anyway?) The other one is completely restored. Jeff bought it from some local Hutterites and it's a very nice tractor. It looks almost brand new. They really did a nice job on it. However a few months after we got the darn thing it blew up. That night it blew up we weren't having good luck with our mowers. Mine quit working and Jeff made the mistake of saying "What's next? Is mine going to blow up?" No sooner had he said that...his Cub started to smoke and it died. So Jeff had to overhaul the motor (I think that's what he did...please bare with me...I'm not a mower/car/mechanical whiz like my husband). But now it runs like a top so it's used quite a bit in the small yard.
Next we have the extensive Farmall Collection. Jeff has these types of Farmall tractors: B, M, 300, and 560. He just got the 300 and was so excited to get it (his dad found it for him and I guess lots of people were interested in it). He plans to paint this one up and use it for racking the alfalfa. Well that's the plan anyway...he told me I have to learn how to drive it so I can pull it at Antique Pulls. Wouldn't that be quite the site!! I'll keep you all posted on if that's ever going to happen :)!! Right now the B is used to mow our large yard. It does an awesome job. It hasn't gotten much mowing time in lately since it's so dry but if it rains again and the grass grows...watch out. It needs some paint and Jeff recently did some repairs on it so it doesn't leak anymore. He hopes to restore it in the next few years. The M use to be the mowing tractor...to be honest with you I'm not sure what he uses it for now. I think it's just part of the collection. It isn't original because there is a V8 in it (I think...like I said I'm not a pro when it comes to taking engines and things). I know he wants to paint this one up too and make it look nice. I'm sure he has a use for it too (I'm not sure it has a use at this time though). The 560 or as I call it "The Loader Tractor" has a loader on it. It gets used quite a bit...especially when the dog digs holes out in the yard that need to be filled with dirt. Jeff just drives the 560 down to the grove, gets so dirt, drives back up the yard and fills the hole. That one needs paint too. He'll be doing a lot of painting one of these winters!
Next we have the Minneapolis Moline collection. As of right now Jeff only has two. He has his pulling tractor the M5 and he also has the U. The M5 is restored and gets a work out in the summer during the pulling season. Jeff gets so many compliments on that Tractor. Funny this is he bought it at auction for the loader...and now look at it. The loader is on the 560 and the M5 is resorted and pulling in tractor pulls. The U needs some work. Jeff completely overhauled it one winter and now he just needs to put some propane in the tank and try it out. I think he's a little leary about trying it...he has never had a propane tractor before. He plans to paint this one up too. He has talked about maybe pulling it but as of right now I'm not sure what he's going to do with it. The picture at the beginning is the U. Jeff's dream tractor is the G1000...he really wants one of these. He talks about getting one to pull in the Open Farm class some time I keep telling him he can buy one and he says "Maybe in a few years." So who knows.
I'll talk about the other things he collects later (snowmobiles, older trucks, etc.). We have tons of stuff out at our house in our buildings. Stop on out sometime and take a look :)!!
Jeff had a pull the other night too in Sioux Center. I wasn't able to go because I hurt my back the other day while weeding the garden. I don't think it's anything serious but it did warrant a trip to the doctor yesterday. She thought it might be muscle strain or possibly a herinated disk. The only way to tell if it's a herinated disk is to do an MRI...I'm not quite at that point yet. I think I'll try pain management and maybe some physical therapy before I do the MRI. Darn back muscles! ANYWAY...Jeff got two 1st places at Sioux Center. He did awesome and I felt terrible that I wasn't able to be there to cheer him on and video tape it. Well next week we have a few so I'll make it up to him then! He was very pleased with how the tractor ran...and very excited about getting two 1st's.
As far as what's going on this weekend...my mom is coming up (my dad wasn't able too...it's hard for pastor's to get Sundays off you know). Mom is coming up to be at an ultrasound for Adam and Morgan today. They find out the sex of their baby that is due on December 20th. How exciting!! We are super excited to find out if we are going to have a nephew or a niece in December! So we plan to spend some time with mom this weekend...doing a little shopping and maybe some grilling out. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.
God's blessings to you all...our prayers are with those who have requested prayers in emails the last few days. We are thinking and praying for your families and for everyone else who hasn't requested prayers...we pray for you too :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment