Monday, July 17, 2006

Dog Days of Summer


All I can say is...IT'S HOT!!! I guess today isn't so bad. There is pretty much no humidity, it's about 86 out and there is a breeze. Sounds like today is suppose to be one of the better days this week. We survived the extreme heat of the weekend...so that we are very thankful for! The animals all did just fine...they drank plenty of water and found the shade.

Jeff didn't pull in Beresford on Saturday. Probably a good thing he didn't. For one thing there was only 3 tractors there in his class (some local boys who brought out their farm tractors) and I guess the skid broke! Both of Jeff's classes were done pulling and I think they said after the 8500 lb. class the skid broke. Not just a small break...enough to cancel the rest of the pull and continue it for this Friday. Well Jeff won't need to be at that one because his classes are already done pulling...which is kind of a bummer because Friday is suppose to be much better weather wise. We have one on Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. in Sioux Center, Iowa...everyone come out and show your support :)! Hopefully this years pull in Sioux Center is a little more organized then last years. Last years was a joke...they had made a new track which was WAY TOO SOFT for the skid (it wasn't the usual skid either) and they ended up moving the pull to the old track after Jeff was done pulling both his classes (go figure). Never mind that we were sitting on the bleachers where the old track sat...we kinda got a shock when a guy in a tractor hooked up a chain and told us to move while he was pulling the bleachers off the track. This year has to be better I'm thinking (and hoping)! Hope to see some of you out there!

Things at the Blankespoor household are good. Like I said earlier, we have managed to keep everyone and everything cool and alive in the heat of this last weekend. The garden is still growing...and my flowers are still alive. I was weeding the flower garden on Saturday morning (before it got to 99 degrees), and in the spot where some of the flowers had gotten dug up, I was pulling some weeds so I could plant some more flowers in that spot. Well Jeff and I had no idea who dug up the flowers...we blamed the ducks. So I'm digging through this little plot and I find something that told me exactly just who dug up the flowers. I found a dog chewie in there (one of Jake's chew toys)...so MYSTERY SOLVED. Jake had dug up the flowers...Like we said..he's a digger! The picture at the beginning of this entry is the funniest picture we have of Jake this summer (besides the dirty face picture)...this picture is Jake rolling around on his back enjoying the summer and the grass...he does this quite often and we laugh and laugh. It looks like he's singing in this picture...hope it makes you all smile :)!

Next entry I'll probably talk about some of the projects Jeff has going on around here and talk about some of his "toys". Gods Blessings to everyone! More to come!

No comments: