
It sure is toasty outside. All the rain we had the other night is long gone by now! The grass is back to it's crunchy, brown state once again and is begging for RAIN!!! Doesn't look like we will be getting any rain for awhile now. But Jeff plans to cut his alfalfa tonight so there is hope :)! I hate saying it but it's true...whenever he cuts his hay...it rains. For his sake I hope it holds off until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Went into the "city" today. Doesn't that sound country-ish!? I was off from work today (had my 24 hours in yesterday at 5) so I decided to go to Sioux Falls. I don't think anyone works anymore...seriously! You think "Oh it's only 10:30 people will be at work and the stores won't be packed." Yeah Right!!!! It was nuts...not as bad as the weekend or the holiday season but bad enough. I hate going to Sioux Falls and can't believe I lived there for almost a year when I first moved out. Oh how the times have changed!! I use to think I was a "city girl" but now realize I am completely a "country girl" and proud of it. I love it out at our acreage so much...we plan to be here forever!! The picture at the beginning of this posting is of our house...some of you probably haven't ever seen it! Come visit us sometime! :)
I hope none of you went to the tractor pull on Tuesday in Rock Rapids. It got called off because of....can you guess....yup your right...RAIN!!!! Jeff and I were 7 miles from Inwood when we got the call...so we kept going to Inwood and had supper with Lee and Judy. That was nice just to be able to sit and chat and eat. Always a good time! Tomorrow (Saturday) we have a tractor pull in Hudson, SD. It's going to be toasty out there. Learned my lesson last year at Irene...DON'T sit in the bed of the pickup...you will get WAY TOO HOT!!! Lesson learned! I plan to drink plenty of water and find shade when needed. Sounds like Sunday is suppose to be hotter yet! But according to the weather guys (not sure if I believe them or not) it's suppose to only be 79 on Tuesday. Now that I can live with! Here's hoping for average temp's and RAIN!!!!
Jeff is surviving at work despite the no air conditioning in the shop there. That has to be rough but he battles though it. He's one of those people who can adjust to different temp's...I on the other hand...I'm either way too hot or way too cold. I am weird like that. It can be 100 out and I'm sitting in the house in the air conditioning with a blanket on! Strange I know! But that's just me I guess. We are going out for our usual Friday night 50's style supper. I don't think we are going to a random town tonight because we both have a lot to do around here. I haven't been able to weed the garden since I hurt my back but I have managed to pick some things out of there. We ate some awesome green beans the other day for lunch with our potatoes from the garden. There have been a few random tomatoes and we have cukes coming out of our ears! The peas and sugar snap peas are about dried up...but we did eat a ton of those. We also have 4 nice sized green peppers sitting in our fridge waiting to be eaten. Might have to make stuffed peppers some night next week...who knows.
So that's it from the Blankespoor household this lovely, hot and humid Friday. God's blessing to all of you...more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment