Jeff and I only have two weeks until we head out to Colorado! We are SUPER excited! I kinda wish we were leaving today but I'll have to be patient and wait another two weeks! I have been patiently waiting since January when we made the reservations! We just can't believe that it's almost time to go already!!
We will be leaving on Friday, October 13th pretty early in the morning. We are going to stay in Kearney, NE on Friday night. Friday afternoon we plan to go to Pioneer Village in Minden (sp?), NE. Jeff has been there before and so have I apparently (when I was only 6 months old). It sounds like a neat place to go tour...they have 5 buildings full of stuff like old cars, general stores, etc. Basically it's everything from the past and how it was created (I think). I'll know more about it after we get there and look around :)!
On Saturday, the 14th we'll head to Colorado. We are staying in a town called Drake. It's about 4 miles from Estes Park. We are staying in this awesome looking cabin. It use to be the owners residence but they moved off the property and changed it into a cabin that people can stay in. Here is the link to where we'll be staying www.anniesmountainretreat.com (we are in the River Cabin). We decided to drive to our destinations (it's cheaper and we can see more of the countryside doing this). We'll come back to South Dakota on Tuesday, October 17th. It'll be so nice to get away. We plan to take TONS of pictures so don't be surprised when you see a bunch on here after we get back!
Today I just work in the morning and am going to head to Sioux Falls after lunch. I am hoping the crowds won't be too terrible yet...but the last time I did this I came to the conclusion that no one works anymore (I guess people probably think that about me too when they see me out shopping on a Friday afternoon). I am going to go to Michael's and buy some crafting supplies and also to Gordman's to buy supplies for my gift baskets. Next week I really need to get serious and start working on all this stuff! Jeff has to work all day today so he won't be going with me to Sioux Falls...he doesn't really like going to these types of stores anyway :)! He's been pretty busy at work this last week as one of his fellow GM co-workers has been in training. He doesn't mind that because then there's more work for him to do and his hours increase! Last night Brian came up and him and Jeff went to look at a snowmobile (yes they are already thinking about SNOW)!! They got back to our house after dark (which is like 7:30 now) and went to look at all our snowmobiles...I heard one running (Jeff always said it's tradition for him to run at least one of the snowmobiles on the grass each year)...so maybe this is what they were doing...I guess I'm not really sure :)! I think everyone is really excited for our February trip out to the Hills...hopefully there will be snow at that time!
We'll be doing our usual 2nd Street Diner supper tonight. I told Jeff I would be home from Sioux Falls by the time he got home from work so we can go out to eat ;)! Tomorrow we are pulling all the dead plants out of the garden and we have to get Jakes dog kennel ready for the winter. Not sure what else we'll do this weekend...we usually don't have any plans but things always come up!
Happy Friday to everyone! God's blessing to each of you! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment