The weekend didn't exactly go as planned when we found out Dad was sick and wouldn't be coming for our Thanksgiving celebration. We were bummed out that he couldn't join us but we tried to make the best of it. Mom got here on Friday afternoon around 4 and she hung out with Adam and Morgan. Jeff and I went out for his birthday supper to 2nd Street Diner (hey he picked it out of all the places in Madison to eat and he said we didn't want to break tradition). After supper Jeff went out to work on his tractor and I hung out in the house watching What Not to Wear and the news.
On Saturday morning, Jeff had to work until noon so I got ready and left for Adam and Morgan's at about 7:45. I got there at 8:45 or so and hung out with mom until around 10 when we went over to Adam and Morgan's. Then the fun began...Adam, mom and I started getting the turkey and stuffing ready. It was quite the site...I wish I would have had my camera with me! Dad would have been so proud of us..he's usually the one that does the Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing. We followed Dad's instructions and it ended up turning out pretty good. We had the baby shower from 1 to 3. It was fun. We played a bunch of shower games, ate and then watched Morgan open presents. Boy will our nephew have quite the wardrobe! They got lots of toys, clothes and baby accessories that they still needed and I think they got a few gift cards to go buy the things they didn't get. It was a good time. We ate supper at 6 that night and stuffed our faces! At around 8 we had dessert and then everyone went home to go to bed!
On Sunday we met at Perkin's in Sioux Falls to eat brunch. We sat there and talked and ate. Morgan wasn't feeling very good at breakfast and they ended up leaving before mom left. They were going to go call the doctor and as far as we know everything is fine (we never got a call to say our nephew has arrived). We hung out with mom until noon when she decided it was time to take off. Jeff and I then went to Lee and Judy's house to spend the afternoon and have a big supper! It was delicious as usual and we got home last night at about 10. Very busy weekend but it was so nice to see mom. Hopefully next time dad can come along!
So now today it's back to the grind. Jeff is busy at work and I have had a little bit to do so far. Tonight I have to finish making my crafts for Saturday...I can't believe that's already this coming weekend! Where did the time go! Also, we want to wish both my Dad and Brian a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!! Well that's all from the Blankespoor household today! God's blessings to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment