Monday, November 27, 2006

Oh What a Weekend


Well this weekend sure was a busy one! I had Friday off from work so I worked on finishing up my crafts for the Show and Sell Show. I managed to get everything done and tried not to get too nervous for the show!


Saturday morning came and I was out the door by 8:30 a.m. Jeff and I had set up the booth on Friday night before we went out to eat so I didn't really have to worry about doing that. I got there and made sure everything was set up the way I wanted it. The lady next to me had set up a HUGE rack of doll clothes which kind of over powered my little Christmas tree so I had to move that some so people would see it. The show started at 9 a.m. and there was a pretty decent crowd. I realized rather quickly that I had kind of a bad booth spot. Everyone just kind of skipped my booth since I was at the end of the line. That bummed me out but I did have quite a few people stop to look. Look being the operative word. From what I could tell people just weren't buying things from anyones booths. I think I finally sold my first item at 10! After that I sold a few more things and also witnessed an unsupervised 2 year old come over to my little Christmas tree, knock off a glass ornament which broke and I watched her mom brush it under the tree and walk off! I couldn't believe it! She made eye contact with me 2 times while she was "cleaning it up" and didn't even offer to pay! I was not happy about that but realize that there are people out there like that and I have to be the better person. In the end I did end up selling a few more things and I got an order for 3 of my baskets. A lot of people were also taking my business card and my brochure so hopefully I'll be getting a few calls. I thought I would try it out and see if this stuff would sell. I don't think I'll be doing another booth next year.

Jeff put up Christmas lights this weekend and I put up our tree. He did a great job on the house lights! We even have lights on Jake's dog kennel. Jeff even took one of his project tractor's (a Minnie) and outlined it with lights. It looks really neat! I'll have to try to take some pictures of our house, the kennel and the tractor at night and put them on here. The Christmas tree looks very nice too. Our house is very festive. Now I just need to get in gear and start my Christmas shopping and I need to get my Christmas cards done!


We had two very nice Thanksgivings also this past week/weekend. On Thursday we got together with the Blankespoor side at the Community Center in Inwood. Talk about TONS of VERY GOOD food! No one went hungry I can tell you that much. It was nice seeing everyone..we don't get to see some of them very often so it's always nice to get together. On Saturday night we went to Hull, IA to have Thanksgiving with the Top side. That was nice too and again there was TONS of VERY GOOD food! Everyone was super stuffed! We had a great time catching up with everyone and planning our up coming Christmas get together too!


So that's the weekend in review. This week is a busy one and this weekend we are going to Mom and Dad's...which will be a good time. Every weekend now until Christmas is booked...which is fine by us! Hope everyone is well and God's Blessings to you all! More to come!

No comments: