Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's Thursday already?

This week has really flown by...we can't believe it's already Thursday! We also can't believe that it's almost been 3 weeks already since we went on vacation..boy has that time really gone fast. Some days it's seems like yesterday that we went but other days it feels like it's been a few years since we went. It's nuts! I think we have both gotten back into the swing of things, which is always a good thing!

Jeff has been spending lots of time outside in the shop after supper working on his G1000. He's making lists of the parts it's going to need to make it run again...he doesn't actually think it'll be that expensive to fix it, which is a good thing! I have been kinda just relaxing in the evenings. I am reading an excellent book so I read some in that every night and I watch the news and sometimes mess around on the computer. I'm usually asleep on the couch by 10:15 or 10:30...Jeff usually doesn't come in until 11 or later.

The animals are all doing good. A stray cat was "stalking" our ducks today. This cat is very tiny and I really think the ducks could take him if provoked :)! At least I hope so anyway! We really don't have too many problems with cats in our yard (Knock on wood)..I think we have 2 that kind of roam around there at the moment. Jake doesn't much care for cats so this noon I think he went chasing after that one that was eyeing our ducks. We couldn't find Jake anywhere! Jeff is whistling and I'm yelling for him and he wasn't coming back up the yard. So here we are, our lunch getting cold on the kitchen table and we are freezing our buns off looking for Jake. I finally found him and started yelling for him. He seriously has selective hearing because he "pretended" not to notice or hear me until I was getting closer to him. Then he knew he was in trouble. I made him come back up the yard and locked him in his kennel. I told him he was naughty. Jeff was freezing at this point (he didn't have a coat on)..and he was not happy. Jake was still wagging his tail so I don't think he even knew he was in trouble :)! We can tell those pills have made a big difference...he's naughty again. Not sure if that's good or bad but he's entertaining (at times)!

Work has been pretty busy for both of us (well Jeff more so then me). I'm happy he has stuff to do everyday otherwise he would get extremely bored. In our office we have an election coming up for the State's Attorney position. Not sure what's going to happen with that but I'll post more Wednesday after it's all said and done. There is a forum tonight with some of the canidates...I'm not going but plan to listen to it on the radio to see what everyone has to say. Jeff will probably be out in the shop working on the tractor. If that political stuff gets too boring all I have to do is turn off the radio :)!

Well that's it from the Blankespoor household this fine Thursday afternoon. God's blessings to everyone! More later!

No comments: