Thursday, February 15, 2007

Change of plans...well for Jake anyway!

Yesterday I posted how Jake was going to stay in Inwood this weekend while we were snowmobiling. Well there has been a change of plans! Jeff called Lee and Judy last night to let them know we were bringing him down tonight...well when we had snow earlier in the week, so did Inwood. Apparently all the snow around Lee and Judy's house drifted to about 3 feet high...right where Jake usually does his business. He sleeps in the garage but there would be no place for him to do his "jobs" unless Lee got out the tractor and moved the snow. Jeff told them that it was fine and not to move the snow because we didn't want them tearing up their nice yard so Jake could go potty.

So this morning I frantically called our Vet, who also, Thank God boards dogs. They were able to take him...very short notice until Tuesday night/Wednesday afternoon. Thank God!! One of Jeff's co-workers did volunteer to come over and let Jake out a few times a day but we decided since Jake hardly listens to me that he really wouldn't listen to someone new. So we are boarding him at the Vet. I'm making Jeff take him though because I don't want Jake looking at me like "Why are you leaving me here?" I hate that look!! I know I know he's just a dog but still :)!! I'm worried he's going to have Humane Society flash backs (even though that was well over 3 years ago)...I highly doubt dogs think like us people though. Like Jeff said as long as someone is feeding Jake, petting him a little bit and letting him out some he's fine. So hopefully all goes well for Jake at the Vets.

The ducks are on their own this weekend. Jeff rigged up a big water dish (5 plus gallons) for them with a heater in it (the heater is protected by a screen so the ducks don't get burned, etc.) Then we leave them a bunch of food and off we go. It sounds like it's going to melt some this weekend so they will have plenty of water. They eat snow too so they will be fine. We are hoping that whatever attacked them last week doesn't come back too!

I'm working late today...maybe until 5 if it gets busy. Jeff's off at 5:30 and has lots to do today/tonight to get us ready to leave. I think we are packing tonight so we don't have to frantically pack in the morning. I have muffins to make tonight to take along too...you know me...always have to bring some sort of backed good with us!

We hope everyone has a great weekend. There will be lots to talk about next week after we get back...and lots of pictures. God's Blessings to everyone!

No comments: