Why can't people keep their dogs tied up or in their yard? Seriously..it's not that hard to do! Jeff and I live out in the country so we don't see this very often but yesterday something happened out at our house.
Jeff called me at 12:50 yesterday while I was working to tell me that we now only had 3 ducks! He said their were dog tracks in the yard (and no they weren't Jake's because fresh snow had fallen that morning and Jake didn't even walk in that area). Anyway..Jeff told me he found the baby duck under the tree where he was hatched. The baby only goes over there when something chases him or he's in danger. Jeff couldn't find the momma duck and the white male duck. When I got home the search began again. Jeff had to go back to work but had pretty much walked through the yard trying to find the ducks. He found TONS of feathers and some had blood on them. Not a good sign!
So after Jeff went back to work I started to look. I found the momma duck under an old truck we have in our yard. I got on my hands and knees and she just looked at me. I tried to pick her up and she scooted away from me. At this point I could tell she wasn't bleeding but either one of her wings or one of her feet is broken. I managed to pick her up after trying about 5 times. I carried her over to the deck and let her scoot under there with the other ducks. Now the search was on for the white male duck. I just happened to walk into Jake's Kennel to see if he had eaten his food that day...and I looked around the corner and there is the male duck wedged in between these two poles and a barrel. He couldn't get back out. So after 5 buckets of hot water and some serious muscle I managed to get him out too. He even let me pick him up and put him by the other ducks too.
We have been fortunate that nothing like this has happened before in the 1.5 years that we have had the ducks. Jake doesn't even attack them. Poor dog probably watched all this happen while he was locked in his kennel. Needless to say the ducks haven't come out since yesterday. I'm not even sure if the momma duck will make it. We are hoping today won't be a repeat of yesterday.
We hope that the dog that attacked the ducks is long gone. We hope whoever owns that dog keeps it tied up from now on. We don't even hardly have any neighbors out by us so we have no idea who's dog this was. Of course we weren't home to see it either. It just makes us so mad that people don't control their animals. Why get a dog if you are just going to let it run loose all over the place? It's not that hard to keep them tied up or in a kennel.
Lori we hope all is going better at your house! And we hope all is well with everyone else! God's Blessings to everyone!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the duck incident, and yes; things are going better at our house. It took Dave 1 1/2 days of messing, but he finally got everything working again. I have been busy doing laundry and dishes!! And it was nice not having to do a "quick" shower!! Have a good weekend.
Lori
Post a Comment