Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spearfish 2007

We made it to Spearfish!! To be honest with you the only thing we battled going out there was the WIND!! It was VERY VERY WINDY (which might even be an understatement). It was hard to maintain the speed of the trucks at 65! We drove through one patch of whiteout conditions about 10 miles or so away from Rapid City but quickly drove out of that...which was fine by us! We got to Spearfish on Friday at around 3:30 p.m. (their time). On Friday night we just hung out at the hotel, ate Papa John's Pizza and swam in the pool for a bit.

The guys went snowmobiling right away on Saturday morning (I think they had left before 7:30 a.m.). Us ladies (me, Tami, and Goldie) went shopping all day. We hit Walmart in Spearfish and then headed out to Rapid City to shop at the mall. We found LOTS of good bargains and spent a TON of money! I think Jeff and Alan got more clothes then me and Tami!! But we did find some clothes for ourselves too. The guys got back at 5:00 and then we went out to eat. They were all pooped so everyone was in bed before or shortly after 10 p.m.

On Sunday the guys again left at around 8 a.m. and snowmobiled until 6:00 p.m. Me, Tami, and Goldie hung out in Spearfish all day. We did more shopping at K-Mart and hit one of the Dollar Stores there. We went out to eat at the DQ and then we went driving through Spearfish Canyon, which was just beautiful! After our little tour of the canyon we went back to the hotel. We all took a little snooze and got ready to go out to eat when the guys got back. We went out to eat when they got back and then hung out at the hotel. Everyone went to bed early because the plan for Monday was to be up at 5:45 a.m. to get ready to go snowmobiling.

We all were up and ready to go bright and early. I think we made it to Savoy (Spearfish Canyon) by 7:45 a.m. We were on the trails by 8 a.m. We snowmobiled ALL DAY!! I think we figured we went about 83 miles or so. No one got stuck too bad :)!! I even got stuck and tipped my sled over...but the snow padded my fall. It was actually kinda fun to do that! Jeff and I had terrible luck with our sleds so we are getting newer ones before next years trip. I think this will become an annual trip...it was a BLAST!!! We ended up towing my red sled back with Aiko and Alan's sleds...that part kind of sucked but what do you do. At least it waited to break until the last day I guess! All in all though we all had a great time...and there was SNOW!! LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVELY SNOW!!!

Here is Jeff up to his knees in SNOW!! Believe it or not but in some places it was higher!

Here is me on my sled...Don't I look like a Pro?!

Beautiful isn't it?

The view from Flag Mountain

Brian and Jeff waiting patiently for the rest of us

The Hill...

God's Blessings to everyone...More to come later!

No comments: