Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Search Begins...

Jeff and I realized after we went to Spearfish that we need newer snowmobiles. We need two that are reliable and two that are newer then the ones we are driving now. I think Jeff's sled is a 1993 and mine I believe is a 1989 or something like that. So it's time to move on up in the snowmobile department.

So the search has began. Alan has been helping Jeff find the snowmobile of his dreams. Alan called Jeff the other night with information on Craig's List where he had found a Polaris RMK which is what Jeff is hoping to get. Jeff has also found a few on eBay too. Jeff also has a co-worker who just happens to have 2 RMK's for sale at the moment. However Jeff isn't sure if he still is going to sell them now that we have gotten snow!


I told Jeff he is going to have to help me pick out a sled because when it comes to long track or short track, paddles, lugs, etc. etc. etc., I have no clue. I know it has to look nice and I have to like the color. Ok I know...that is totally something only a woman would want with her snowmobile :)! I found one last night that I fell in love with on eBay. It's a Polaris XC 500. Jeff doesn't think I need anything bigger then a 500 and I think I agree (I think the 500 has something to do with power..not sure though). The RMK Jeff is looking at is a 700. Like I said I'm not 100% sure on what those numbers mean and all that technical snowmobile wordage.

We have to start saving some money now. Jeff is going to get his sled first I think. We have a few cars that are for sale at our place and Jeff is planning to sell his "Gray Truck" this summer so that will give us a few dollars to play with (I think the plan with the truck money is to tin the garage before it falls over). If we get a decent tax return it's probably gone...it'll buy us some new toys!

So if anyone has an Polaris RMK or a Polaris XC for sale or knows anyone that does...LET US KNOW (please)!!!! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come!

No comments: