Yesterday the temperature was over 100 degrees...too hot by our standards! Today...it's 73 degrees and raining...WONDERFUL!!! A cold front went though last night as Jeff frantically raked, baled and picked up his hay. His efforts paid off...he got it done and even got it all stored away before the rain hit. It sprinkled a bit on him but nothing too drenching. I think he said he did 70 some bales last night and they are already sold to a guy he works with so it was worth it. He now has to do the other half of the alfalfa (he hadn't even cut that yet so the rain last night and today didn't hurt it one bit). Not sure when he'll do the other half...have to wait to see what the weather is going to do. It's always a gamble.
Jeff did awesome at the Hudson tractor pull on Saturday. He got two first places! His tractor really pulled good at Hudson! He was so happy to be back out there pulling...it had been awhile since he last pulled. I was happy to go watch...it had been awhile since I had been to one. Sitting probably wasn't too good for my back but it was worth it! It sure was hot out there though...but we all managed to survive. The place where the pull takes place actually has some shade...so that helped a lot! We stayed in Inwood that night too to cut down on our driving. Jake didn't mind...Lee and Judy's yard has a TON of shade so we tied him up outside before we went to the pull and he was cool as a cucumber! Sometimes I don't think he wants to come back home with us because he likes it down there :)!
We are very thankful for the rain...and hope that it continues. Jeff said he thinks we had about an inch total since last night. We needed it. The yard will green up now for sure and it's back to mowing again I'm sure. It's been awhile since we last mowed so that won't be so bad. The garden likes the rain too..however my big tomatoes all have "black bottom rot"..so last night I picked off most of them (they had the black bottoms) and threw them in the alfalfa. I hope we at least get a few decent big tomatoes off our 4 plants. The cherry tomatoes are doing great so that's a plus. I picked a cucumber last night that was HUGE!! I think it was 8 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. Must have missed that one on Saturday when I picked them.
Well that's all from the Blankespoor household today. God's blessings to you all. Our prayers are with those of you who have requested prayers and we pray for everyone that doesn't request them too :)! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment