Thursday, September 07, 2006

Green Beans Galore




Jeff and I really thought our garden was about done producing. The pea plants were done long ago, the cherry tomatoes have slowed down and we thought the green beans were done too. Last night, I was picking our onions and for the fun of it I decided to look through a few of the green bean plants. To my surprise and shock there were tons of good green beans on the plants! So I ran in the house and got my trusty ice cream bucket and started picking green beans. I've only done half the plants at this point and had almost a gallon bucket full of green beans! Let the canning begin!!! We all know what I'll be doing tonight now don't we!

Jeff has been busier at work this week, which is good after having a slower month last month. Hopefully it stays busy for him! He has lots of projects at home to keep him occupied too. It seems like he adds another project to the list every other day or so. He's a busy guy!

I need to get started on my crafts for the Show and Sell show in Madison the weekend of Thanksgiving. I am going shopping with my best friend Val on Saturday (girls day out) so I plan to pick up a lot of supplies then. I know her and I are both on a serious mission to find fall/winter work clothes. I just hope we have good luck on our adventure!

All our critters are doing good. The older ducks are starting to pick on the "baby" duck (who now is just as big as the older ones). The males like to chase the poor "baby" away from the food and water and after the males go back to the food and water the "baby" lets them have it. It (we aren't sure what the "baby" duck is so we call it an It) stands there and flaps it's wings and quacks up a storm! It's hilarious! Jake sits there and looks at that "baby" like it's lost it's marbles! I heard that "baby" quacking at 3:30 a.m. this morning...needless to say I was not thrilled. Oh the joys of having the windows open at night. At least Jake doesn't start barking to add to the noise out there! Jake is having surgery now on October 24th after we get back from our Colorado trip. He's still goofier then ever...he tries to steal all the things I pick out of the garden. I have caught him running off with a nice ripe tomato in his mouth...luckily I caught him before he had a chance to eat it. Goofy dog! He's tried that with cucumbers too but I tell him "No"! long before he takes off with it. I think he would be in for a surprise too after getting one of those in his mouth (ouch!!)

So that's about it from the Blankespoor household on this fine Thursday afternoon. We hope all is well with everyone. God's blessings to all! More to come....




No comments: