Monday, September 11, 2006

Mission Accomplished

Well as I stated in my last post, my best friend Val and I were heading out to Sioux Falls to brave the crowds and traffic to find fabulous bargains on clothes! Mission Accomplished is all I have to say!! We did so good! Our first stop was TJ Maxx. We both LOVE this store. The last time were went shopping we both had really good luck there so we thought we would try it again. Boy we weren't let down at all! I think we both found 2 or 3 pairs of work pants there along with a shirt or two. Next we decided to get brave and we went to the mall. Of course the first thing to do at the mall is eat...and it was noon so why not. We grabbed a quick bite at Taco John's and off went went on our mission...to find more bargains and more clothing. We hit every store we thought might be having sales and ended up finding the most at JCPenney's. We both LOVE that store too...they always seem to be having a wonderful sale of some sort! We both did great there too...few more pairs of pants and again a shirt or two. We hit Kohl's after we left the mall and found some great bargains! They always have sales going on at that place, which is fine by me! I just found some dress shoes there but hey there were over 1/2 off so I wasn't complaining! You know you did good when you have money left over out of the cash you had to spend (ok so it wasn't that much left but hey I still had some left)! So that was our girl's day out. I told Val we need to do that more often...even if it is just to window shop!

Jeff stayed home on Saturday to do the yard work. He was going to mow after work but a guy he works with was telling him about this sale out by his place. So Jeff thought he would go poke around at this sale and see what he could find. Well for $12.00 he filled the whole back of his pick-up and also ended up with an antique boat! He made off like a bandit! This sounds like a sale all guys would like...he got gas cans, extension cords, some tools, and some saws...it was nuts...oh and don't forget about the boat! He did manage to get the yard done too...so he had a great afternoon too! And he was happy I didn't spend our whole checking account :)!

Now today it was back to the grind. Tonight I made some more dill pickles. I got a salsa recipe today from a guy who works at Prostrollo's with Jeff so I might have to try that out as soon as my tomatoes ripen. The zucchini has slowed down...I think it's about done. The green beans are still growing like crazy and I plan to can more of those either tomorrow morning before work or Wednesday night. Tonight I am also going to go make some crafts for the Show and Sell show in November. I gotta get crackin! Jeff is out in the shop probably playing with that antique boat he got on Saturday. I know last night he was trying to get it to run.

Well that's it for now I guess. More to come later this week. God's blessings to everyone!

No comments: