Friday night wasn't too bad. Jeff and I did our usual 2nd Street Diner super and then came home. I made some Zucchini bread (yum!) and Jeff hung out upstairs checking out some snowmobiling sites on the internet (he's ready for winter and snowmobiling apparently :)!!!) Saturday we planned to go to the Outlaw pull in Dell Rapids...which was at 4. So Jeff started to clean our the barn (BIGGGGGG PROJECT) and I cleaned the house. It was hot and sticky outside...really humid and no breeze...it felt weird! So as it go closer to the time to leave for the Pull Jeff said he wasn't sure he wanted to go because he had this big project going on and the weather was suppose to get nasty after 3 pm. So we had kind of decided to stay home at this point. Well at about 4 (when the pull was going to start)...it started to get kinda nasty around here. We heard that t
here was a tornado in Salem (30 miles from here) and the next thing we know is we are in a tornado warning and apparently the sirens were blowing in Chester (which isn't too far from our house). I guess there was some rotation west of Chester (ok so that's getting a little close to the house)! So it started to down pour and got kinda windy. This storm flew over at 40 mph...it was quick. No big deal...we thought for sure it was raining in Dell Rapids so we didn't feel bad about not being at the pull. So Jeff called Judy to see what it was doing in Dells...no answer. So a little while later we are sitting at home and Jeff's cell rings...it's Judy. There was NOTHING going on in Dells...no rain..no nothing! Well by this time the second storm had started to develop over by Salem again...so here we go again. Pretty soon it was raining yet again at our house...this time the wind came up...it was crazy.
Then the HAIL started!! It hailed for 5 minutes or so...pea to marble sized hail...NOT NICE!!! But this storm soon passed too. About 30 to 45 minutes later Lake county was in another storm warning and then we got round 3! This time it just rained and thundered. What a wild weather weekend! Dell Rapids never did get any rain...so we missed the pull! It's so strange that the weather can be that different 30 miles away!Now yesterday was cold and windy...but sunny for the most part. Today it's just down right COLD!!! It's drizzling out and I think the high for today is 54 or something like that. Jake is mad because I didn't want to stay outside with him this morning (hey I don't have a nice fur coat like he does to wear outside when it's cold). So I hear him barking now all mad because he's in his kennel. Hey I'm still trying to thaw out. At least Jeff won't roast at work today! I plan to go digging through my winter clothes to see if I can find something warm to wear to work! Crazy weather!
Well that's it from the Blankespoor household this cold, drizzly Monday morning. God's blessings to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment