
We can't believe that it's already Thursday! This week has really flown by! We both have been pretty busy with work and things around the house. I know we have a lot to do before the weather changes...and the snow flys. I personally don't want to think about snow yet but Jeff was talking about getting the snowmobiles ready last night (I think he's ready for winter and snowmobiling). I just hope the snow holds off until at least after Thanksgiving...that would be ideal!
We have a month to go until our trip to Colorado. We are both very excited about going there! I guess October is a beautiful time to visit Colorado as the leaves are changing and my Aunt Linda told me that there was already some snow up in the mountains...hopefully it stays up there! Not that we would mind getting snowed in for a few more days of relaxation :)!
I canned 4 more quarts of green beans last night. I just can't believe how abundant our green bean plants have been. Everything this year really grew rather well. I wanted to bake last night too but decided not too considering there were two pieces of pie yet to eat. I'll maybe bake some this weekend...depends on if I can find the time or not. The last time I made a pie it bubbled over in the oven...well I thought "I'll clean it out later." Well last night I was making homemade biscuits (to go with homemade vegetable beef soup...yum!) and forgot about the burnt stuff on the bottom of the oven. So as the oven is preheating to 450 degrees, I noticed smoking rolling out of the oven door and the burners! So I opened the door and that burnt goop is on fire on the bottom of the oven! I was going to throw water on it but decided against it. I closed the door to the oven and turned it off. After the fire went out I opened the door and used a metal spatula to scrap that burnt stuff outta there. Then I had to preheat it again. This time it wasn't so bad. YIKES!! Note to self: Clean out the oven after making a royal mess or put a cookie sheet under the pie pan so it doesn't get on the bottom of the stove!
Jeff worked outside last night while I was canning. He washed off that antique boat he got at the rummage this past weekend. It looks pretty good compared to how it looked before he cleaned it up! Not sure what he's going to do with that yet! He then washed 2 or 3 cars that we have for sale...so I can take pictures of them to make signs to hang in Lewis. They all look good too! He really does good work! He has some alfalfa down so I think he plans to rake it and bale it one of these nights...probably before the rain comes. Sounds like it's suppose to be a wet weekend.
There is an Outlaw Tractor Pull in Dell Rapids this Saturday at 4:00 (I think that's the right time). We are planning on going to that if the weather holds out. That should be fun...one last pull to watch this season!
I've rambled long enough! That's all from the Blankespoor household today! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment