Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Here Comes Fall!

Jeff and I both agree that we love the fall! The colors are awesome, the weather is cooler and the air is crisp! LOVE IT!!! I think that's part of the reason we got engaged and then married within 4 months! I always wanted a fall wedding...with leaves and fall colors splashed everywhere. We managed to do it and we thought it turned out great! Hard to believe that it's almost been a year already!

Last night it actually froze ! When we looked at the temperature this morning it said 29 degrees! Goodbye garden and flowers! Good thing I picked the green beans and some more green tomatoes yesterday afternoon. I guess everything was slowing down anyway so we just decided to let it all go! We didn't cover anything. Now the cleanup begins...sounds like a good project for Saturday (if it's decent outside). Jake and the ducks seem to enjoy the cooler temps too. We have noticed Jake is now sleeping in his dog house again...the nights must be cooling off if he's doing that! The ducks have taken a liking to our flower beds and strawberry patch. We have found 3 eggs total in our flowers and strawberries in the last week. Darn ducks! We'll have to put some sort of mesh cover over the strawberries next summer so the ducks don't nest in there!

Jeff's been keeping busy with projects at home. Work has been steady for him, which is great! He cleaned out the barn last weekend and it looks great. He was going to start working on snowmobiles...so I'm sure that's the next big project. I have started to work on my crafts for the Show and Sell Show. The Christmas ornaments are turning out really cute and I have some other things in the works that I'm quite proud of. I'll have to post some pictures later. I gotta keep plugging away because that weekend will be here before we know it.

Happy Wednesday to everyone! God's blessings to you all! More to come later!

No comments: