Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wonderful Weekend





Jeff and I had a wonderful time at Mom and Dad's house this past weekend. We began our journey on Friday afternoon. We had some "riders" with us for the first 4 hours of the trip. Myron and Denise rode with us to about Ames where we dropped them off. It was nice having them along because the time seemed to go much faster with all the good conversation that was going on :)! After we dropped them off we had about 86 miles left to go. We drove through some very beautiful country-side. It was neat to see some of those farms and the big old farmhouses that grace the Iowa country-side. We got to mom and dad's at about 8:30 that Friday night.

On Saturday we went to the South Amana's to go to the Barn Museum. This Barn Museum holds an extensive collection of miniature houses, barns, etc. This one guy built all these little houses (for example the homestead he grew up on) and buildings to scale (1 in. = 1 ft.). It was truly impressive and we all just loved looking around this museum. I know if we would have had a week to spend down there we would have hit the Amana's again just to look at everything. You need almost a week to take everything in and experience it all! We'll have to do that next time we go down there :)! Of course we went to Red Lobster that night for an early 35th wedding anniversary celebration for mom and dad! It was good and we all left stuffed!! Of course while we were down there we did some shopping and lots of relaxing, talking and eating (of course you gotta do that when you are on "vacation"!!) We left on Monday at 1 and got back to Lee and Judy's at around 7 to eat supper (more eating) and to pick up Jake. That's a nice way to break up the trip too.

Now today it's back to work. I had a physical therapy appointment this morning just for an ultrasound therapy. That always feels nice. They told me that since I'm doing so much better that I don't really need to come back unless I have a flare-up. I have my exercises and plan to do them daily for quite a while now just to keep my muscles strong! I don't want to be in pain like I was last week at this time!! I went out to the zucchini patch this morning to see what grew in there while we were gone...GOOD GRIEF!!! There were 4 HUGE zucchini in there waiting to be picked. I kid you not...one is about 2 foot long. Jeff asked me if that is normal and I said we'll probably have to take the seeds outta this one. I am going to try a Zucchini "Apple" Pie recipe tonight and use that huge monster of a zucchini in that! The rest of them are about right to be shred so there goes more into the freezer! Jeff has been pretty busy at work today...hopefully things will pick up and be a little less slow for him. When it's slow like that the days just drag! He's got tons of things to do at home but of course that has to wait until he gets home at night. He's usually out in the shop until all hours of the night, which is fine by me (I do my crafts while he's out there and watch all my CSI shows that Jeff doesn't like :)!). He get's so much done! Good thing he's a night owl! Not me...I'm asleep on the couch at 10 or 10:30 just like clock-work!! :)

Well I've rambled long enough in this posting. Better save some stuff to talk about for later in the week! We hope all is well and God's Blessings to everyone! More to come....

No comments: