Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Who's ALWAYS Cold?!...That would be ME!

I'm one of those people who is ALWAYS cold. I can be sitting in the comforts of our house (at a comfortable 68.9 to 70.0 degrees) and my hands and feet are freezing; The tip of my nose is cold and I feel like fridged Ice Woman! Nothing I do warms me up. I drink hot tea (and I mean boiling), I eat soup, I avoid cold beverages, I snuggle under a blanket...and I'm still cold! There are days where I want to crank that furnace up to 75 or 80 degrees just so I'm more comfortable...but I don't. We'd burn through propane like no one's business if I did that! I do manage to warm up every once in awhile but it takes some great effort. I've learned that if I keep moving I'm able to stay some what warm. I have also mastered the art of layering! I can add layers if I'm still cold and peel them off if I'm not (which hardly happens).

This doesn't just happen in the winter. Yup...I'm cold in the summer too. I'm not cold sitting outside in the 100 degree heat with the nasty humidity. Nope..I'm one of those who's cold sitting in the nice air conditioned house! Jeff thinks I'm weird when I'm sitting in the house on a hot summer day under a blanket or wearing a sweatshirt! I know...very strange.

Jeff on the other hand is one of those very lucky people who can adjust to any temperature. He works in cold conditions, he works in hot conditions and low and behold...he just adjusts. His body adapts. I wish I could take some lessons from him on how to do that but unfortunately it's not that easy. I come from a long line of women who are always cold (right Mom)! Jeff is comfortable in any weather situation. Of course he can't go running around outside in -20 degrees in just a t-shirt and jeans...he does bundle up but he's not shivering and whining like I am after 5 minutes outside. I'm still cold after layers of clothing, a big winter coat, boots, headband, hood, scarf and gloves. If I could hibernate (meaning staying in the house all winter long)...I think I would :)! But I battle through it and am VERY thankful that I do have the items I need to keep me warm!

Well everyone...STAY WARM! You all know that I'm probably NOT :) but I'm doing all I can to get warm! God's Blessings to Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are so cold, but right now with the problems we have I wouldn't care if my house was cold!!! We have water/sewer backing up in our mudroom right up the floor drain. If we plug that it backs up in the toilet in the mudroom, so then we plugged that too - guess what - it just came up in the sink in the mudroom then. Dave and I have worked with it all day - so we finally called a plumber. Haven't heard from him yet, so I guess we will go an evening w/o running water, or the very minimum of water. Hope you manage to stay warm! Lori