Thursday, April 12, 2007

Drip, Drip, Drip...

I can see the snow melting before my eyes! YIPPEEE!!! That's one good thing about April snows...they always melt fast. It sounds like it's suppose to finally get up into the 50's by Sunday (we can only hope) and next week looks promising for warmer weather. Lots of sunshine would be nice too :)! The moisture will be good but if it melts fast again I think we'll have some nice puddles in the basement again. I'll let Jeff do the honors of putting out the sump pump hose (since I'm not very graceful with all that (giggle))! Jeff had to get the tractor out this morning and push snow in the driveway because it was pretty deep. He didn't want to get out the plow because "it's not winter" so he got the tractor out instead. At least now we won't get stuck in the driveway.


I was watching the ducks in the deep snow yesterday. Again I wished I would have had the video camera out (never have looked for it yet). When they try to run in the deep snow you can't see their legs so it looks like they are "swimming". It was very funny! Ok what can I say...I'm so very easily amused.


I got a new kitchen toy on Tuesday. Jeff was talking to Brett at work and he had bought some things from a guy in Sioux Falls off the www.craigslist.com website. He was telling Jeff about all the stuff this guy had for sale. One item happened to be a Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer. Well since we have gotten married I have told Jeff I always dreamed of having one (it's a Baker's Dream). So Brett showed Jeff that this guy had a Kitchen Aide HD (heavy duty) Stand Mixer for sale for $100.00. $100.00!!!! So Jeff told Brett to get ahold of the guy and see if it was still available. Guess what...it was! So Brett went to pick it up for us and Jeff brought it home on Tuesday. It was brand new and in the box. Jeff checked out the retail value at Sears and it was over $300.00. We got quite the deal! Of course I had to use it yesterday :)! I made two batches of cookies and boy does that new mixer work GREAT!! Now I have no excuses not to bake more :)!!


Jeff's been busy out in the shop every night working on his new puller tractor. He is going down to Inwood all day Saturday because apparently they now have all the pieces needed to build it. He's so very excited. I'll post pictures of it once it starts looking more like a tractor. Right now it's just pieces so it's hard to imagine what it's going to look like when it's done.


Otherwise not much else has been going on. I planted my tomato's and green pepper plants on Monday in the house. Hopefully the lack of sun won't hurt them. I am trying that this year instead of buying the plants at a greenhouse. I guess if all else fails I can still do that. My mom might be coming up this weekend or next weekend to see baby Cade. He'll be 4 months old in 2 days! He's growing like a weed and is so VERY CUTE!! Mom might be up here on Saturday until Sunday or wait until next weekend. I'll go spend sometime with all of them when Mom is up here. Dad can't come along because he has to preach on Sunday (his voice is back too by the way..he's very happy about that)! I'll take pictures of Cade when I go visit and email them out to everyone. He's going to know me as the Auntie with the camera...poor kid :)!!


God's Blessings to everyone! Have a great day! More to come!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I have always wanted one of those mixers but of course they are way too expensive. Let us know how well it works!

Have a nice melty day!

Lori said...

I have some of those mixers something like yours. They are so nice to have.
I love it that this snow is melting and that it is getting warmer.

Looking forward to you coming over tomorrow.
I will have some kind of munchies.

Just Mom said...

I have to agree. That stand mixer looks pretty awesome.

Tracy said...

When are you going to share all of these goodies that you make!?!?!?

A mom said...

Now that you will be doing much more baking, I guess you will also be sharing?

Isn't crazy how one day you can get stuck in your driveway and two days later, nothing?! Snow, snow, go away.

Have a great weekend Erin!