I thought I better do an update today for all you faithful readers since it's been awhile :)! We have been pretty busy and with the nice weather I find it hard to stay in the house!
It was really nice outside on Friday so I decided that would be the day to plant some of the early stuff in the garden. Jeff was so very kind and got the garden ready on Thursday night. Instead of using Lee and Judy's tiller, Jeff decided the disk would work just as well. Of course the disk is meant for a field but hey it fit in our garden and only took 2 times through to get the ground plowed up. He even made the garden bigger so we can plant more (THANK YOU HONEY!!) So on Friday I got busy out there getting things organized and ready to plant. I started at 2 p.m. and wasn't done out there until 5:30 p.m. I got a nice "Farmer's Tan" on my arms because I was wearing gardening gloves. It's quite lovely...and quite red. I always burn the first time I'm out in the sun for a long period of time. You think I would learn to wear sunscreen...nope haven't learned yet!! I planted our onions, carrots, radishes, garlic and spinach. Then I had to transplant our raspberry bushes. There is still A LOT to do out in the garden but we have to wait until the soil gets warmer. We probably will plant the rest of the stuff in the middle of May.
On Friday night Jeff planted 95 potatoes!! We are going to have potatoes coming out of our ears by the end of the summer!! He had to do it all by hand and it took him most of the night but he was bound and determined to get them in. Mission accomplished!! Boy was he wiped out on Friday night after doing all that work! I would have helped him but I was in the house making cookies for Tami's baby shower. I had planned on making these cute little pacifier cookies (round sugar cookies with a hole in the middle where you put a gum drop though and then you attach a licorice string to the back for the "handle") to take on Saturday but they didn't turn out as planned (the licorice handle kept coming off). Without going into to much detail, lets just say they looked very inappropriate (especially without the handle) and I didn't want to take them in fear people would think I was a sicko :)! So it was on to my back-up plan. I made round sugar cookies and frosted them with pink and blue frosting (since we don't know what the baby is :)!!). Now those looked more "appropriate"!!
Saturday Jeff and I both drove down to Inwood. He worked on his puller tractor all day and I went to Tami's baby shower. The cookies were a hit and it all worked out rather well because the color scheme of the shower was pink and blue. We had a great time at the shower and Tami got LOTS of good things for the baby. I headed home at around 2 and Jeff stayed in Inwood until around 8 p.m. They got his tractor ready to prime so I think he'll be heading down that direction on Wednesday. They had to put the tractor on a "diet" so Jeff can get in the 8500lb. weight class...it was even suggested that I drive it since I weigh less then Jeff...but that's not going to happen! I would not be very good on that new tractor :)!! I think they might have gotten it down to were they want it though...time will tell I guess.
Sunday we went back to Inwood for church and had lunch with Lee, Judy, Tami, Alan, and Brian. The guys talked tractors and tractor pull most of the afternoon while Judy and I both took naps and watched the NASCAR race. When we got home last night we grilled out hotdogs (YUMMY) and had a late supper. We both were asleep by 10:30 last night! It was a great weekend..we got a lot done! The weekends are going to be crazy from this weekend on all through the summer but I wouldn't have it any other way :)!!
I'll post some pictures later of Jeff out getting our garden ready (yes he did let me take pictures...he was on the tractor so there wasn't much he could do about it..he he)!! We hope everyone had a great weekend. God's Blessings to everyone!!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy but wonderful weekend.
Glad you got some of your garden planted. We hope to plant the rest of ours in a couple weeks.
Your pacifier cookies sound neat!
Have a great week!
Wow you had a very busy weekend!
The weather was so awesome you could not help but be outside the entire time!
Have a great Monday!
Okay chef-boy-r-Erin. You never fail to make me hungry. Your cookies sounded so yummy, even if they were made by a sicko! wink! All the things you planted in your garden, also made my stomach growl.
You guys were very busy this weekend. I suppose the tractor pull season will be starting very soon. I may have to take the boys to a couple this year. I can't wait for summer. Bring on the fun!
Could you please bake some goodies for all your bloggin' pals since you keep mentioning all the yummy stuff you make in your posts FORCING us to read about it?! (giggle)
Post a Comment