I think it's finally safe to get out the summer clothes! I thought about it the last time the temperature gage hit 75 but thought it might be too early. Boy am I glad I didn't do that because shortly after that we had our April blizzard. On Saturday as the temperature kept creeping up I thought about my summer clothes...not really remembering what I packed away last fall. So after deciding that I was going to be brave and wear shorts outside for the first time this year (and trust me my new nickname should be Casper) I went upstairs and dug around in the tote that I packed my summer clothes away in. I found all sorts of good things in there. Things I forgot I had, things I've never worn. It was kinda like Christmas! Of course at this time I also realized that I could use a few more items to complete my summer wardrobe :)! And I realized now I have to pack away all my winter things too! Oh well then it'll be like Christmas in October when I start to get all my winter stuff back out again :)!
We had a nice weekend. We found a few neat items we had to buy at the Arts and Crafts show on Friday night. We got a little wall plaque thing that is hand painted on some wood that says "Welcome To Our Farm"...it also has some chickens (I looked for ducks but there wasn't any) and a barn and windmill painted on it. It's very cute and quite fitting for our house. We also found a rustic looking star made out of twigs. This goes with our kitchen perfectly (or will go with our kitchen when we get the plaid wall paper up). We picked the right time to go to this show because there was hardly anyone there. It was nice to be able to just walk around looking at everything and not battling a crowd.
On Saturday Jeff went to Inwood to work on the tractor. His tractor is now drivable. He had it out of the shop but apparently Brian also had to ride on it to hold the gas tank (which isn't quit secure yet). Lee took pictures so I might have to try to get my hands on some of those and post them on here for all to see :)!! This weekend Jeff plans to prime the tractor for painting. It only took 3 weeks total to go from pieces of a tractor to a complete drivable tractor. Let me just say that Lee, Jeff and Brian are good at what they do :)!! I spent most of my afternoon reading and at the library trying to find more books. I am reading one now by Judith Miller (all my Tracie Peterson books were checked out) and I also checked out one by Jeanette Oke. I've had a few people suggest her to me so I thought I would read one of hers too. I like the Judith Miller book I'm reading...she's a lot like Tracie Peterson. I got 4 more books so I have a lot of reading to do in the next few weeks.
The next few weekends are going to be busy...then tractor pull season starts and every weekend is going to be busy. Always seems like once May gets here the weekends are jammed packed with stuff to do. We don't mind though because most of the time it has to do with family activities and we really enjoy spending time with our families. And most of the time we are outdoors which is even better :)!!
Hope everyone has a great Monday! God's Blessings to everyone!
7 comments:
Sounds like you guys are going to be very busy! Hopefully the weather starts staying nice and we can enjoy it a bit more.
Have a great evening!
Sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend. I'm glad you found some things at the the craft fair.
I'm glad we can finally get out our summer clothes too.
I agree my rather white winter skin won't look very well. Hopefully it won't take too long to get tan. We spend lots of time outdoors too. We love this weather.
Have a great week!
So you look like Casper, huh?! Don't feel to bad. I have been thinking about breaking out the shorts, but I need to do some serious shaving before I can do that. At least you don't look like a sasquatch. :o)
Shorts...I am not a fan of shorts these days. Hopefully the eliptical will help with that. Until then Capris work just fine...I would like to just break out the pre pregnancy clothes!! THAT WOULD BE LIKE CHRISTMAS, and EASTER, and NEW YEARS...you get the idea! HA!
Kind of related to Tracy's comment...
Before becoming an at-home mom, I didn't think much of capris/cropped pants. I also preferred shorts on the weekends because the last thing I wanted to wear after a work week of nice pants/skirts was pants.
Well...after I started staying home, I broke down and stocked up on the capris (and I mean stocked up). I swear, it's the best thing ever invented.
I know you must be happy that spring is here and summer is on the way, with winter being left behind for a while. Finding clothes you haven't worn in a while has always been a happy occasion for me also. have a happy day. connie from Texas
You sound about as busy as us...lol! I have been debating on getting the kid's summer stuff out as well...just as I want to do it the temp drops. With 4 kid's I'd like to get started it always seem's like such a process and then I can make a shopping list and see what need's to go to the rummage sale as well.
Post a Comment