Monday, April 02, 2007

Updates and Other Stuff...


Not too much going on at the Blankespoor's today. It was back to the grind this morning. Work was crazy busy so the morning went really really fast (for me it did anyway). UPDATE: I had a chiropractor appointment at 10 today and I would say that I'm finally about 90% better. The only thing that really bothers me yet is sitting for too long. I have one more appointment on Thursday and then I'll only go in when I feel my hip/back acting up again. Dr. Caron is going to give me some exercises to start doing too so I can strengthen my muscle so hopefully this won't be so severe next time.


UPDATE: Jeff made a big decision this weekend. He was going to fix up his G1000 Minneapolis Moline (tractor) to pull this summer in the stock class at his tractor pulls...well that's not the case anymore. Lee, Jeff and Brian are going to build Jeff a "new" tractor so he can pull in Open Farm (for those of you who don't speak Tractor Pull lingo (wink wink) Open Farm is a faster class then stock (I think stock is pretty self explanatory)). I think he's going to pull in the 9,500 and 10,500 Open Farm weight class'...so he'll have LOTS of competition! He is so excited for that. Last year in the stock class he was always getting 1st and 2nd (not that that's a bad thing) but usually there was only 2 to 3 tractors in his classes...so this summer will be different. There is talk that he might be selling his M5 puller from last year. He plans to keep restoring the G1000 but now he's not going to pull that one. He said last night he was so excited about this opportunity...he even tried to tell me he probably wasn't going to get any sleep because he'll be thinking about his "new" tractor all night. This was a big decision...and of course he asked me first (which I'm very thankful for). I told him it didn't matter what type of tractor he pulled...I'd be there no matter what (ahhh...aren't I a sweet wife)! So that's the big excitement of the weekend.


We got my garden cart this weekend from Campbell's Supply. Too bad I can't plant the garden yet...TOO WET and WAY TOO COLD. Our basement has stayed relatively dry so far...but I have a feeling if it rains for the next 2 days like they said it's suppose to...it'll be a mess down there. Time will tell. The sump pump hoses are securely outside (where they belong) so I don't have to worry about trying to get those outside again :)! I didn't like seeing the snow yesterday morning but there is one good thing about snowfall in April...it sure doesn't stick around very long.


Our furnace took a dump last week too...I can't believe I forgot to talk about that!! Jeff noticed it blowing out cold air on Friday morning again. So he checked the filter and hit the reset button and not 20 minutes later it was doing it again. So instead of monkeying around with it, Jeff called a guy that one of his co-workers always calls. He came over and determined that the burners are bad on our furnace. So those will be getting replaced this week some time. They got the furnace rigged so that it is blowing out hot air (thank goodness because it's suppose to be a colder week then last). If it's not one thing its another...hopefully this will be it for awhile :)!


I guess that's about it for now. Looks like it could start to rain any second...hopefully not snow. We probably won't do much tonight. I'll work on the scrapbook and Jeff will probably be out in the shop. Here's to seeing the sun in the next few days (hopefully). God's Blessings to everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what kind of new tractor is Jeff getting? Red or yellow? Is it going to be ready in time for the first pull? Boy, if he doesn't sound like a typical Blankespoor, always in the shop until all hours of the night!! We have been there, done that, in recent years. Hope you have a good week and I'm happy to hear that your back is doing better.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your busy working on your scrapbook, how did the apron turn out?? Have you figures out the sewing machine yet? Am looking forward to some tractor pulls where we can watch all the relatives doint their thing!! Have a great week.
Lori

A mom said...

Boys and their toys. It is a good thing that you enjoy it too. I think you should remind him how lucky he is! :o) I am glad your back is feeling much, much better.

Jamie said...

I am glad to hear you are getting better!! It is no fun to be in pain!!

All boys have to have toys don't they! At least it keeps him out of trouble.

I am not sure if you knew this, but Jeff works with my dad (Jim in the Reco Department)!! Small world!