Yesterday I spent a majority of my afternoon chasing around our ducks. Most people that live in the country have cows or sheep or something like that to chase around...not us. No sir, we have ducks to "herd". For some reason the ducks have decided they need to venture off onto our gravel road. All 9 of them have started to do this. Never mind that people drive REALLY REALLY fast on our gravel or that the gravel trucks have been hauling gravel again after their winter break. The ducks don't care...they are bird brains and are completely incapable of thought process. I wonder if that underground fence would work for ducks?! :)
Jeff called me at work yesterday to tell me that the old ducks were on the road at noon when he was home for lunch. He chased them back in the yard with the truck and hoped he scared them enough to keep them off the road. No such luck. After I got home...I chased those darn ducks back into the yard 3 times. It was funny though because if they heard me open the door and come bolting out of the house...they would hurry as fast as they could back into the yard.. talk about PRICELESS. Ok so this tells me that they have some reasoning (I think anyway)! Not only were the old ducks doing this...but the new ones have decided to join in. No they aren't all getting along yet..and probably never will but you know just like in high school..the not so "cool" kids will do what the "cool" kids to to gain acceptance. I seriously think that is what's going on with our ducks. The not so "cool" ducks have decided to join the flock (sorry couldn't resist) and be "cool" like the "cool" ducks and go on the road. I chased the new ducks out of the road 4 times yesterday. WHEWWW...let me also say that I'm extremely out of shape :)!! I might have to take up running!
I seriously am thinking of teaching Jake how to herd ducks. Or at least bark like crazy when any one of them sets foot on that gravel road. I don't think that's going to happen even though he is very smart (especially compared to the ducks). Yesterday I had a few battles with him too. It's the start of the dreaded TICK SEASON and I have already found 4 ticks on him. Well one had already attached itself to Jakes armpit (ok so do dog's have armpits..not sure but that's what I'm going to call it...he he). So I get the tweezers and am practically sitting on the dog. He thinks this is a game and great fun. He's flaying his front paws and just going crazy. I finally managed to get this tick off of him after about 5 failed attempts. I went in the house and called the vets office to request some Frontline..so hopefully there won't be any more dog wrestling at our house in the next few months :)!
Besides the craziness of our animals..not much is going on at our place. Jeff is working on the puller tractor. He's going to buy the paint and decals for it sometime this week. I'm reading a good book and have a hard time putting it down in the evenings. Sounds like it's suppose to warm up here in the next few days so hopefully we'll get some of our garden planted. We hope all is well with everyone! God's Blessings to everyone!
4 comments:
I bet you guys get a good laugh at your ducks. You kind of have your own set of kids!! hehe :)
Have a great Wednesday!!
Funny! I bet that was good exercise.
Those darn ducks anyhow!
You should check into that underground fencing or something.
EEWWW! I hate ticks.
Have a good day!
Those ducks sound like good entertainment:) We have tons of ducks around where we usually live when Jason is not deployed. They have just become part of the town!
EEEKKKKK! I hate ticks! Glad that was you and not me, sorry.
You may have to get yourself a border collie, or some type of herding dog. Or you could just keep chasing them and get some great legs!
Post a Comment