
Our garden has successfully started to grow...well in the house anyway :)! I started our seedlings for our tomatoes and green peppers about 10 days ago and so far so good. They have all managed to pop through the soil. The tomatoes are about an inch to an inch and a half high. The green peppers just started to poke through in the last few days so they are kinda tiny yet. We got our raspberry bushes and a bonus blueberry plant in the mail about a month ago and I planted those in big pots in the house also. When we got them they just looked like sticks so I was a little concerned. Well there was no reason to be because these "sticks" have taken off and now have leaves on them. AMAZING! I'm constantly amazed at how quickly things come up and grow...I know it's not just my special touch that helps them grow, God definitely has a hand in all of it!
Tonight Jeff and I are heading out to Sioux Falls to go to the Arts and Crafts show at the Expo Building. Tonight is the "Sneak Peak" so they have limited hours (3 p.m. to 8 p.m.). Jeff is going to try to be home by 5:30 so we can at least have an hour and a half to look around. I LOVE craft shows. Of course these types of shows get my creative juices flowing and I go home thinking of all these projects we could easily do at our house and sell. Do we ever do any of these projects?? Well so far the answer is ..... No! But don't count us out...we might surprise everyone some day with a post of TONS of crafty things we made after being inspired by a craft show :)! We might have to hit Barnes and Noble too while we are in Sioux Falls. I think we could live in that store if they would let us :)!
We don't have any huge plans for the weekend. Jeff has to work Saturday morning until noon and then plans to head out to Inwood to work on his new puller tractor. Apparently it's a full tractor now...not just pieces. They have a bunch of little things to do now and then it's off to the paint room. Yup...I think it'll be done before the first pull in June. I can't wait to see him pull his new tractor. I'll be right there...track side with my camera and video camera (haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do both) taking TONS and TONS of pictures and video. I should take some pictures of myself after some of those tractors throw up the dust...I'm covered in dust from head to toe...but you gotta love it :)!
I'll stay home tomorrow...maybe head out to the library and get some more books. I have FINALLY found an author who's books I can't put down! Her name is Tracie Petersen and she is Christian based. Her books talk a lot about the settling of the Montana territory and the one I'm reading now is about the Grand Canyon. She has about 8 different series of books. Now that I've been out of college for near 2 years I'm reading a lot more. When you're in school you just don't have time to read fiction books. When I was done I told myself that I was going to start reading more and I have. In the last 4 weeks, for instance, I have read 3 books. Of course with summer coming that might slow down a bit but then again you never know!
We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone!
Tonight Jeff and I are heading out to Sioux Falls to go to the Arts and Crafts show at the Expo Building. Tonight is the "Sneak Peak" so they have limited hours (3 p.m. to 8 p.m.). Jeff is going to try to be home by 5:30 so we can at least have an hour and a half to look around. I LOVE craft shows. Of course these types of shows get my creative juices flowing and I go home thinking of all these projects we could easily do at our house and sell. Do we ever do any of these projects?? Well so far the answer is ..... No! But don't count us out...we might surprise everyone some day with a post of TONS of crafty things we made after being inspired by a craft show :)! We might have to hit Barnes and Noble too while we are in Sioux Falls. I think we could live in that store if they would let us :)!
We don't have any huge plans for the weekend. Jeff has to work Saturday morning until noon and then plans to head out to Inwood to work on his new puller tractor. Apparently it's a full tractor now...not just pieces. They have a bunch of little things to do now and then it's off to the paint room. Yup...I think it'll be done before the first pull in June. I can't wait to see him pull his new tractor. I'll be right there...track side with my camera and video camera (haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do both) taking TONS and TONS of pictures and video. I should take some pictures of myself after some of those tractors throw up the dust...I'm covered in dust from head to toe...but you gotta love it :)!
I'll stay home tomorrow...maybe head out to the library and get some more books. I have FINALLY found an author who's books I can't put down! Her name is Tracie Petersen and she is Christian based. Her books talk a lot about the settling of the Montana territory and the one I'm reading now is about the Grand Canyon. She has about 8 different series of books. Now that I've been out of college for near 2 years I'm reading a lot more. When you're in school you just don't have time to read fiction books. When I was done I told myself that I was going to start reading more and I have. In the last 4 weeks, for instance, I have read 3 books. Of course with summer coming that might slow down a bit but then again you never know!
We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone!
7 comments:
Wow! Good for you with your gardening. I'm not that on top of it. We are looking forward to getting our garden planting though.
I will have to check into that Christian author. I love to read too.
Have a great weekend!
I've been meaning to plant some herb seeds, but haven't gotten around to it. Your post has inspired me to get going.
You have a great weekend too. Enjoy that craft show.
I also love to read. I wish I had more time do more of it!
I have never been to a tractor pull. It sounds like fun!
Well have a great weekend and hopefully we get rain at night and the days are nice!!
I have ZERO time to read...I am either doing daycare, watching TiVo, blogging and being a mommy! Congrats for finding the time to do things you enjoy!!
Hey! Thanks for stopping by the other day:) It sounds like you picked really yummy fruits and veggies to grow. I just love homegrown tomatoes, they are my favorite!
I, too, love craft shows, hope you found some cute things and enjoyed yourself, come back to visit anytime!
Christie
Hi Erin--you can stop by anytime! I LOVE cabin decor. I love Estes Park too, it's beautiful up there. We live about 1/2 an hour from there. I am going to have to try that author you mentioned. I really like Jeanette Oke--have you ever read her books? Now that my kids are getting a bit older I have started to read a lot again. I like books better than tv most of the time. Good for you that you got your husband to go to a craft fair with you--my husband usually won't go, and I love craft fairs. Luckily my daughter loves to shop so she goes with me. It's good bonding time! Take care!
Jamey
I need to get some flowers planted. I will probably wait a while to see if we get our house sold though. Hopefully, you can transfer your plants to the garden soon! YUM!
Post a Comment