Monday, August 28, 2006

A Hint of Fall in the Air??


Wow...it feels like fall outside today! It's weird how it can go from humid and hot to fall in just a few days time. I'm sure this isn't the end of the hot weather but it's kind of refreshing! It's raining here today too which is always needed! I suppose that means we'll have to mow on Wednesday..which is fine by us. We love it when the grass is green..it looks so much better green then brown!

Jeff had two tractor pulls this past weekend. He did GREAT in Rock Valley. He ended up getting two 1st places at that pull! He was very pleased with those results and I was the proud wife (I'm always proud of him though!) We had some excellent entertainment at the Rock Valley pull too! Ed and Mary had Kevin and Kole with them and boy that little Kole is rather entertaining! Him and Jeff were instant buddies and when Jeff had to go help Brian, Kole became my buddy! He really had us laughing...he's a great little guy!

On Saturday, Lee, Judy and Brian came up at around 9ish to venture out with us to Prairie Village. We got there and looked around at all the tractors and all the cool things they have on display. After we looked at all the tractor's we hit the flea markets (I think I could have looked through all that stuff all day!) We went home at around 1:30 and cooked hamburgers and brats. I had made two types of salad, Caramel Apple Salad (very tasty) and Creamy Orange Salad (Blankespoor cookbook...Thanks Mary!) Both salads were a hit and then I had made some Chocolate Zucchini Bars with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting (very good...if anyone wants the recipe, let me know!) That went over well and Jeff and I are enjoying the leftover bars! After getting completely stuffed we sat around for a bit and then went back to Prairie Village for the Tractor pull. Jeff did GREAT yet again at this last pull of the summer. He got a 5th place in the 1st class (the track got better with each puller and Jeff pulled second in that class...the guy who pulled first in that class got 6th place). Jeff then got a 1st place in the 2nd class. YIPPEEE!!! What a way to end the year! He was very pleased with that second pull!! So pulling is done for yet another summer...now we have next summer to get ready for!

Tonight I'm going to try to pressure can some of my tomatoes. I hope that goes well. I hurt my back yet again...darn muscles! Just when you think it's all better...it starts to hurt again. I hope it's better by the time we go to mom and dads on Friday! We are looking forward to seeing them this weekend...it's been a long time since we have been down there (the end of May). So that'll be nice! Not sure what Jeff plans to do tonight...his back has been kinda sore lately too (what is it with bad backs??!) I'm sure he's got some projects out in the shop that have to be done...who knows :)!

Well that's all from the Blankespoor household this fine, fall-like Monday. God's blessings to everyone!

No comments: